F4 feels like it steps out on turns - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

F4 feels like it steps out on turns

I have been getting used to my 312 and trying to lean it into corners a bit more. The other day I went to take an off ramp and when I leaned it over it felt like it wanted to slip out the rear. It has new diablos on it that arent scuffed that far but I wasn't pushing it and was not leaned THAT far over or under a lot of power. I have ridden other bikes like my friends 1098 that feel like they want to just fall over at a point so I don't know it it is a charicteristic of the bike or what. Maybe something about the Diablo profile?
It has happened twice now so I am guessing it was not just a fluke. The bike is an 08 with 2300 miles on it and everything seems tight. tire pressure is OK and I don't feel any play in the rear wheel bearing. Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Has it only happened once?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Caggy, it's happened twice.
Cold tires?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:15 PM
I've got diablo's on mine and after being used to Michelins in the past the Pirelli's do seem to drop into corners. There's nothing wrong with them but I think I'll revert to Michelins next time I change. Tyres are a very personal issue on bikes, for everyone like me who prefers Michelins there will be plenty of others who think the Pirellis are better, or indeed another brand altogether. You pays yer money........

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomwithanF4 View Post
I have been getting used to my 312 and trying to lean it into corners a bit more. The other day I went to take an off ramp and when I leaned it over it felt like it wanted to slip out the rear. It has new diablos on it that arent scuffed that far but I wasn't pushing it and was not leaned THAT far over or under a lot of power. I have ridden other bikes like my friends 1098 that feel like they want to just fall over at a point so I don't know it it is a charicteristic of the bike or what. Maybe something about the Diablo profile?
It has happened twice now so I am guessing it was not just a fluke. The bike is an 08 with 2300 miles on it and everything seems tight. tire pressure is OK and I don't feel any play in the rear wheel bearing. Any Ideas?
Probaly you have just hitted the part of the tyre that was still new and slippery.
If that's not the case and tyre pressure is ok, then it's probably time to set up the rear shock.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 PM

...Or something's not right. Check your pressures are correct, just in case that's causing the rear to drift on a wider line. Could also be a suspension issue if the rear's not settling or is moving about mid-corner
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Tires were warm and pressure ok. It could be just hitting the slippery part but I was at even throttle and not pushing so I would think they would still be pretty grippy. I am used to metzlers and had Avon viper 2s on the R1 so may just be the tires. This is a totally new bike to me and it is very different for me.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Established Member

May be a long shot, but make sure your rear wheel hub is OK and has no play
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 11:07 PM

Dude , testing attachments?!?!?!?
Attached Images

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 11:43 PM

Is that a pic of Randy when he was younger? (and had hair?)

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode