ARghh! A RAT in my MV!!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

ARghh! A RAT in my MV!!!!

I was spraying some WD40 in the ignition and then decided to spray the tail section latches. When I open the tail section, a furry, gray 2 inch in diameter blob fell off the other side. I had thought it was a rat but it moved really fast.

Then I take a look at my tool kit and find a whole bunch of rat dropping! Yeach. Fortunately, none of my wires were chewed. There's a white strip with some info on it that was eaten away but other than that no damage. And i just rode the MV on Thursday!

Well, I guess I won't be parking my MV in the back paito anymore. Part of it is unpated and along a brick wall which is a perfect place for small wild life. yeachh.

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 10-07-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Established Member
Allan,

Thats my kinda rat......................

FBD
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:32 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
souds like a mice to me... a rat is much bigger than 2 inches; I have a a lot of experience dealing with those lil guys lately... living next to the state forest land we have plenty of those roaming around the area.

too bad you did take the MV with the mice out for a ride... you would have had a nicely roasted mice for snack buy the time you get home!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Talking

Call for Ben He's the Mouse Terminator!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
souds like a mice to me... a rat is much bigger than 2 inches; I have a a lot of experience dealing with those lil guys lately... living next to the state forest land we have plenty of those roaming around the area.

too bad you did take the MV with the mice out for a ride... you would have had a nicely roasted mice for snack buy the time you get home!
Hahaha. At first it was a mice....but this thing was 2 inches in diameter -maybe four inches in lenght. Honestly, when it first ran out, my first thought was -A RAT!!! Then I thought maybe it was a rag, plastic bag, or a gray leave that had got caught there. Then I saw the.....the droppings!!!!

My guess is that it found my warm MV on Thursday night when I got home. I didn't ride it on Friday so he probably thought he found a nice place to live.

I am just so glad he didn't chew up the wiring.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Red face

I had a similar problem with a car a few years back, I came to start it one morning and when it wouldn't start I discovered a load of chewed wires under in the engine bay. That fu**ker cost me about 250 to repair!

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:49 PM

Dude - you're lucky. If that was an NYC rat, he would have kicked your ass for waking him up! I'm sure he would have enjoyed the nice Alcantara blanket!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
Hahaha. At first it was a mice....but this thing was 2 inches in diameter -maybe four inches in lenght. Honestly, when it first ran out, my first thought was -A RAT!!! Then I thought maybe it was a rag, plastic bag, or a gray leave that had got caught there. Then I saw the.....the droppings!!!!

My guess is that it found my warm MV on Thursday night when I got home. I didn't ride it on Friday so he probably thought he found a nice place to live.

I am just so glad he didn't chew up the wiring.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 03:19 AM

That sucks...

I have been hearing the " I am so talented I dont use my rear brake at all" chest pounding alpha male bullshit for decades now and I am dissapointed in my fellow rider everytime I hear it....
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 04:43 AM
Established Member
Peet,
It appears I have missrepresented myself gravely, I thought this might happen....I am trying to learn how to write because I just learned that I enjoy it so much......But I cant convey tone.....I think it is clear my intensions were not In sync with my words.....Perhaps I have offended more people?- I am so sorry if I have...I dont think my sacastic humor is coming through..........JESUS man! I feel terrible.{thats not sarcsasm} I am glad you called me out...You must know that I lurked as a guest everyday since its inception and I feel like I know everyone....I keep forgetting that nobody knows me...

The last thing I want to do is alienate myself from anyone on this board.....I will cool it until I get more profieciant.....

Thank you very much for this.....Not only do I learn about my bike on this site but also myself..I am blessed.

I should have said "that rat has good taste, like us!" as that is how I meant it,

FBD
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 05:14 AM

I have a lexus/ soarer and one night getting home late I left a packet of Tim Tams (famous Australian choc coated biscuits) on the passengers seat, I had only eaten two or three, the next morning there were little teeth marks on the soft centre section of the biscuit and I thought damn!!! theres a bloody mouse living in my car. Left the doors open so it could escape one day and then left more biscuits to test if it was still there but never got a bite.

I thought it was going to die in some hidden part of the cars interior and I would have to strip the car to find it ... luckily it never happened. I've never been able to work out how it got into the car would be a big jump for a little mouse!!!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode