I know, there are a 1000 threads like this, but we need another one... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I know, there are a 1000 threads like this, but we need another one...

So all of a sudden I'm getting some interest in my bike and seems like market livened up a little.

As you can see I got an F4S, with right around 3500 miles on it (you can almost call it new) and some aftermarket parts on it, RG3s, CF rear hugger, handle bar risers, and some other small things. There is no question about the fact that this bike is incredible, it looks absolutely stunning, joy to ride, and did I mention beautiful?! I just went through 3 month of finding and deciding and ordering all the gear and got all my Red/Silver stuff, from helmet to boots.

SO here comes the question:

Do I sell the 750 and go get a 1000? I'm certainly getting a Red/Silver, all the other colors are out (although I love the black R). I think I'd stick with S model, because I'm not an aggressive enough rider to get my moneys worth out of the R model.

Money is not really that big of the deal, but I still find myself wondering if I'll get 6K worth of difference our of it (assuming selling my bike for 12K and buying an 06 S for 18K since that's what I'm being quoted, maybe even less if I can find an 05). Looks are identical (other than wheels, lets face it an average Joe would not tell the difference between 1000 or 750), and I'll be honest, looks were 70% of the reason why I wanted one of these for 2 years (25% exclusivity and 5% performance).

Well, I'm done with my rant, floor is open. Lets hear it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:26 PM

Stick with the 750...save 6K.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 07:43 PM

If moneys not an issue go with the 1000. If you ride mostly on the road I think you'll appreciate the extra torque. Go and take one for a demo I think you might be surprised...and don't forget to put the rg3's on the 1000.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to blavenia
You already have a beautiful bike that's rare and only a limited few have ever enjoyed. If you're looking for some changes, maybe add some magnesium bits or something like that? I would keep my 750 with 3,500 miles on it and smile while riding it past the bank where my extra $6K was earning interest.

Some would say a 750 is more fun to ride than an open classer, anyway. When it comes down to it, there will always be newer and higher performance bikes made available, that't just the nature of the beast, a sportbike. What would make you happy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S
05 MV F4 1000 S 1+1 (SOLD)

2007 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Wifey's)
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:32 PM

Give me your 750!
and then but another one
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
Give me your 750!
and then but another one
Second time somebody offered for me to give them my bike today, must be the new thing!

I'm thinking about keeping it, I honestly don't know that the extra torque is really that big of a deal. I don't sit in traffic very often (bike has 3500 miles, my riding time is limited, and now even more limited with the move to Jersey), most of my riding is done at 7-8 am before people get up and start moving.

Plus the more I look at everybody's signature it seems everybody owns multiple bikes, maybe there is something to it. I've never had 2 at ones, there might be some satisfaction in that.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:54 PM

In that case buy a 910, use it for in town torque and use the F4 for everything fast and twisty (not that the Brute isn't great at that too, but like you said, there may be something to multiple bikes).
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UA_Agusta
Second time somebody offered for me to give them my bike today, must be the new thing!

I'm thinking about keeping it, I honestly don't know that the extra torque is really that big of a deal. I don't sit in traffic very often (bike has 3500 miles, my riding time is limited, and now even more limited with the move to Jersey), most of my riding is done at 7-8 am before people get up and start moving.

Plus the more I look at everybody's signature it seems everybody owns multiple bikes, maybe there is something to it. I've never had 2 at ones, there might be some satisfaction in that.
Just for the record when I said ride on the road I was not refering to sitting in traffic. The only traffic I see is when I take my bike to the dealers and getting into and out of the hills. The extra torque is very nice if you dont feel like revving the bike to acheive some level of performance...it's more like riding a twin than an I4.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 08:56 AM

If $ aren't really an issue then I vote for the 1000. I test rode the 750 (although it was an older one) and it did not spur me to buy it. The 1000 was another matter. And I'm not an aggressive rider. But...if you have the potential to buy a 2nd bike instead...I think that's a better option.

08 BMW HP2 Sport
10 MV 1090RR
86 BMW R80 G/S
47 Indian Chief
73 Norton Commando Cafe Racer
70 BMW R50/5
70 Triumph T100C
68 BMW R60/2
80 Vespa PX 125
Derringer Indian Board Track Replica
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:03 AM

i think the answer comes down to what type of rider you are, and only you know the answer to that. you said that looks were more the reason than anything that you bought it, so put your money into that department. 6K on a 1000 will not gain you anything there, and for that money you can make your's look like a R or a Senna or whatever you want. like you said, performance only accounted for 5% of your purchase and that's the only update that the 1000 offers over your 750.

look at the pics in the gallery and find out how to satisfy your main reason for buying it with that $6K.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode