Chicago dealer - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
chad951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 67
New Site Garage
Chicago dealer

Anyone have any experience with MCC in Chicago? I am heading up that way tomorrow to check out a black F41000R. I wanted to see one in person before ordering one for myself. I would like to know if anyone has purchased an MV Agusta from them and what their thoughts were on the experience.

Thanks in advance,

2005 Tamburini #254
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
Ducati Frankenduc 999/1198 race bike
chad951 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colorado USA
Posts: 1,011
First class operation, ask for Jeff Mellinger tell him Carlos in Houston with the 2002 Senna 750 sent ya...he'll take care of you...
b42day is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
chad951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 67
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by b42day
First class operation, ask for Jeff Mellinger tell him Carlos in Houston with the 2002 Senna 750 sent ya...he'll take care of you...
Will do, thank you. I think I spoke to Jeff on the phone when I called to verify their inventory. He was a really nice guy.

Do you know if they will be competitive with pricing? I am going to see who will give me the better deal Hall's in Springfield or MCC in Chicago.

I will be mindful not to low ball the dealers I just want the best deal I can get within reason. If I am driving from St. Louis to Chicago to get the bike it had better be a more attractive deal than the deal from the Springfield dealer. A 1 hour drive compared to a 4.5 hour drive is a big difference. I also do not want to piss off the folks at Hall's because they will be my main stop for service since they are only 1 hour away. One's relationship with their servicing dealer is very important. Oh man, this bike purchase is going to get complicated.

2005 Tamburini #254
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
Ducati Frankenduc 999/1198 race bike
chad951 is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Senior Member
 
R1andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 7,510
New Site Garage
I stopped and looked at the black 1000R last saturday. It is on hold for wyd opn. There is a red/silver on the sales floor and the 999R. Which they still want 30K for. Find out how many more bikes they will be getting in this spring. I will be getting one once I know my bonus is secure this spring. When I stopped by hall's last spring they would not even walk from behind the counter to help me. Maybe they knew I was only kicking tires at the time
R1andrew is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad951
Will do, thank you. I think I spoke to Jeff on the phone when I called to verify their inventory. He was a really nice guy.

Do you know if they will be competitive with pricing? I am going to see who will give me the better deal Hall's in Springfield or MCC in Chicago.

I will be mindful not to low ball the dealers I just want the best deal I can get within reason. If I am driving from St. Louis to Chicago to get the bike it had better be a more attractive deal than the deal from the Springfield dealer. A 1 hour drive compared to a 4.5 hour drive is a big difference. I also do not want to piss off the folks at Hall's because they will be my main stop for service since they are only 1 hour away. One's relationship with their servicing dealer is very important. Oh man, this bike purchase is going to get complicated.
In my very limited experience they don't deal on price. I called over a month ago to see if they would take my 02' F4S on trade for a new 1000R and they never gave me a call back tried to negotiate with me or anything and I have spent over $600.00 with them in service on my bike and filters and oil so far. I tried to deal with Geoff the one b42day is referring to and he didn't return my call.

I will say there service is top notch and I really like Gregg who usually answers the phone and does the parts dept.
rramseyr is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Formerly WYD OPN
 
VELTRO 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Champaign, IL, USA
Posts: 2,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad951
Anyone have any experience with MCC in Chicago? I am heading up that way tomorrow to check out a black F41000R. I wanted to see one in person before ordering one for myself. I would like to know if anyone has purchased an MV Agusta from them and what their thoughts were on the experience.

Thanks in advance,
I wasn't yet going to divulge my dealer because of the previous Ducati mess, but since it's posted here I will respond.

Though I considered a few other quality dealers, I chose MCC. Their reputation for sales and service is excellent. I did the due diligence. And... they gave me a reservation spot for a Desmosedici.

I've had a small delay in picking up my MVs, but John has been good to deal with about this issue. You'll be looking at MY baby tomorrow. I haven't even seen it yet, and 2 other mv.net members have already been to look at it. Oh, well... it'll be in the garage soon.

They normally do NOT deal on price on their new MV inventory. Because I'm buying 4 bikes, they threw in shipping/prep. Don't expect a discount, but DO expect good service.

Hall's is also an excellent choice, as is Corse in the Milwaukee area. I was ready to buy from Hall's after an initial cool reception from MCC, but John ordered my MVs BEFORE I even placed my deposit. THAT won my business. Hall's may be better for you, though, considering distance issues. Obviously, your call. There is no bad choice, though.

Enjoy your trip!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
VELTRO 1 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2006, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
chad951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 67
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN
I wasn't yet going to divulge my dealer because of the previous Ducati mess, but since it's posted here I will respond.

Though I considered a few other quality dealers, I chose MCC. Their reputation for sales and service is excellent. I did the due diligence. And... they gave me a reservation spot for a Desmosedici.

I've had a small delay in picking up my MVs, but John has been good to deal with about this issue. You'll be looking at MY baby tomorrow. I haven't even seen it yet, and 2 other mv.net members have already been to look at it. Oh, well... it'll be in the garage soon.

They normally do NOT deal on price on their new MV inventory. Because I'm buying 4 bikes, they threw in shipping/prep. Don't expect a discount, but DO expect good service.

Hall's is also an excellent choice, as is Corse in the Milwaukee area. I was ready to buy from Hall's after an initial cool reception from MCC, but John ordered my MVs BEFORE I even placed my deposit. THAT won my business. Hall's may be better for you, though, considering distance issues. Obviously, your call. There is no bad choice, though.

Enjoy your trip!
Ok, just got back from MCC. Man, that was a long day my butt is asleep from driving.

WYD OPN,

Yes, I did see your baby and I swear I didn't even touch it. I asked to sit on it before I knew it was sold and John told me no so I really respect that in a dealership. I'm glad he wasn't letting just anybody put their grubby paws on your bike. I have included a slightly blurry picture of your new baby for your viewing pleasure.



There was a very interesting 1000R Senna in for service that I was able to grab a picture of. This bike had the full titanium exhaust and partial carbon fiber wheels. Very nice. Enjoy!



Anyway, after speaking with John I think it would be best to buy from my local dealership (Hall's). The folks at Hall's were nice to me. Funny, they didn't jump to help me either but that doesn't bother me because they are probably used to so many tire kickers that it isn't even funny. Anyway, John and I thought it would be best to support my local dealership other than driving all the way to Chicago. The only way I would buy from MCC is if I was going to pick up a bike next week. MCC has a black F41000R 1+1 coming in on Monday if anybody wants it. I'm going to pass because I am not quite ready to buy. I am going to be good and wait until next month.

Anyway, the folks at MCC were very nice and respectful and I totally respect that in a dealership.

R1andrew,

BTW, the 999R is $6000 off MSRP for those that might be interested.

Thanks,

2005 Tamburini #254
2004 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory
Ducati Frankenduc 999/1198 race bike
chad951 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome