heat crack my lower panels - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

heat crack my lower panels

The heat from the extractors has made the lower panel brittle and now I have a small crack on the belly pan.Shite.

Does anyone know if the material made for a fire blanket is the same as a heat wrap material? The cheapest I was quoted for a heat wrap is $180.00 AUD and a fullsize fire blanket is only $22.00. A I need is about 1m so I can wrap the lower part of the extractor pipe.

Feeling and looking at both materials, they look nearly identical. The fire blanket has a tighter weave compared to the exhaust wrap.

Anyone know if the fire blanket will work? The blanket is rated to 550degC.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Last edited by minime; 10-02-2006 at 11:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 03:24 AM Thread Starter

Nevermind, I found a reseller who can sell me the heat wrap at very good price of $33.00 AUD.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Established Member

I just noticed a crack on my bellypan, the right side. What can I do to keep from it getting worse? I know I will eventually have to replace it, but I wouldn't want it to happen again. Is there somewhere online that can provide a heat wrap?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Established Member

There are several companies who make reflective "blankets" of sorts, they're thin, silver material on one side, sticky on the other. You can line the inside of the bellypan and keep it from cracking. Relatively inexpensive too. I have a blanket from DEI that I've used extensively and it works very, very well. I have a high hp turbo car and the hot side of the turbo sits very close to the hood. I'd cracked the clear on an expensive carbon fiber hood and learned my lesson. I've had zero issues since installing this on the underside of the hood. You can purchase it at www.summitracing.com or www.jegs.com. Might be at your local hotrod store too. A few pics of the product in the package...it's quite big and cuts easily.
Attached Images

Michel
RSV-R Factory
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 06:21 PM

Get some 2 inch exhaust insulating wrap from American Auto Spares on King Georges Rd Beverly Hills, opposite the train station. 15 foot roll for 27 bucks
wrap it around the pipes, and for good measure i put on extra alum heat shield on the fairing.
Attached Images

tribbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode