Haggle Help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Haggle Help

Ok guys, I seriously need your collective input -

I am going in tomorrow to buy an 06S matte. They have a black 07R but I just keep oggling the 06S, and I am not at a level to appreciate any performance differences b/w the bikes anyway.

It is too tall and has to be lowered, including 750 linkage. I am going to pay for the bike (majority of it anyway, i dont want title to transfer til I pick it up), but not pick up til march 07 because i currently have no place to house it. The guy said he would get me out a before tax/tag price of "just under or just over 20K with incentives included." Hmmm...

I feel like i want to offer 19.5 max (before TTL), or even less, based on threads here. I am not much of a haggler though.

What would you guys offer, and how would you couch it? Any thoughts are most welcome!

As for height, standard size i can tippy toe left foot but not right. Must be lowered. Up on the paddock I was kickin' 100% air, sad but sort of amusing to see I'm sure. I told him lowering + 750 linkage will have to be part of the deal to which he said "no problem."

Attached is a pic, best I could do after they closed. What do you all think? I have <24 hours to get advice!

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Oh by the way, hard to see in the pic, but this is a mono, and there is no front fender reflector which someone said is on all US bikes.

I want to ask the guy if any 06s are still coming over on the boat, because I would prefer a 1+1. You guys know if any more can still be ordered? I obviously have no time constraints.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 08:18 PM

Well i never let the salesman sit between me and the door. You can allways go higher but you can`t go lower. I`ve walked out the door more than once and goten them to go down.You arn`t there to make a new friend, your there to get the bike you want for the price you want. But that`s me and I enjoy the game. This the place to do your homework, These guys know the bikes.I got my new Brutale for $12500 plus tax OTD
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Done. It's mine. Thanks cdamb for the sole response lol.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Smile

Nice one Obmot, sorry you didn't get more responses ,but my 2 pence worth from the Uk wouldn't have been any use to you anyway. When do you pick her up?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 06:22 PM

Btw how tall are you? I am just wondering because I am not a giant myself, and in the far future i hope to get an MV (probably in like 8 years )
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

thanks john, d-_-b,

I will not pick up til next march because I have no options for housing the bike yet - need to arrange that with a relative for next spring.

As for height i am about 5'8" 29-30" inseam in shoes. The bike is too tall but I am having them lower it and after that I'll just "deal" with it, I know there are shorter people out there who ride the F4s and manage, so I am not going to let 1-2" get between me and a sweet ride.

I'm tempted to say something regarding my opinion on customer service when someone is dropping 20 big on an item, but for now I will just bite my tongue and look forward.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Here is phonepic...
Attached Images

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 07:36 PM

Great!!! Glad to hear you got it. Now it`s going to be a long winter. Good luck with it, Chris.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks chris.

BTW any idea where i can get my hands on an MV 750 linkage for installation to lower the height a bit? I cant seem to find any online...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode