ANY INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED- f4 WILL CHANGE??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

ANY INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED- f4 WILL CHANGE???

i am a sportsrider, usually with 1000 SUZUKI & HONDA. What i have basically paid for my previous bikes $12-13K + accessories.
Now, i am seriously thinking about getting a MV AGUSTA F4 since i am sick & tired of having those japanese bikes changed in design every 2 years. Once i got a new bike, a year later or so, a new design is in the market! I can't keep up with that anymore!
Financially wise, decision to switch to a MV AGUSTA is hard becasue i am going to finance it for 66 months. I would like to keep it as long as i can. Since they have been in the market since 1997-98 (not sure) i think that maybe the italians could change the design by 2008???
I know that info is not available out there yet, but in case anybody have read anything about it, PLEASE PLEASE let me know since i am about to make my decision this coming week.
ANY INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED!!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 08:35 PM

When buying an MV it generally is not for the "latest and Greatest" I donít know why you would be buying a new bike every new model year..

As far as when it will change could be next year could be 10 years the MV was designed to evolve not change.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 08:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
NEXTMV, That is exactly why I jumped off the Japanese bikes years ago. I just got sick and tired of new models, price drops, etc etc, so I went Italian and never looked back. You only need to look at the values of secondhand Ducati's to see your answer. And a 10 year old 916 will still cut it on the road with the latest rocket ship. The MV gives me best of both worlds.
Do it, you won't regret it one bit, and it makes reading the tests in magazines a laugh as you no longer have to try and keep up.

MVA Sydney
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:02 PM

First off, I really want to say I'm no expert on this and everything I say is just based on speculation -so take this for what's it's worth (some guys opinion posted on the Internet).

I think a new design will come out as in 2009 or 2010 because the current style has been around since 1999 (2000 model in the States) and in an interview a few years ago, Castiglioni said the design needs to remain fresh for 10 years. Also, 10 years is about how long the 916 design ran. Lastly, a 2010 model would give the F4R a two year production run -consistent with the F41000S' production run.

So, that's why I think a new design will come out in 2009 or 2010. But the thing is, it's hard to wait two to three years until a new design comes out and it could come out in "Italian Standard Time". Maybe you could pick up a 2006 S model for a discount (like $19 to $18K) to help offset the depreciation and then trade-in/sell when the new model comes out (or maybe the second year of the new model)? Just a thought. (That's my plan, btw)
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks guys for the fast reply, now everything is clear. I think i will go for the 06. If somebody else has some other info, please let me know
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 10:14 PM

While I agree with what Allan said, I would like to add that in the same breathe that mentioned the 10-yr styling cycle, the new style will be more evolutionary than revolution. The F4's style was crowned as bike of the century by mainstream printed media. Could the next gen be better? Possibly. Would it be as timeless? Possibly. But it doesn't change the fact that you still have a piece of styling history. Enjoy!!!

"Every mistake is a learning opportunity"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 10:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to blavenia
Sam, did you find your 06 anywhere? If you pm me I'll help you out with info. Also, remember the 07 R is the platform that will be built on more likely than the 06 S.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S
05 MV F4 1000 S 1+1 (SOLD)

2007 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Wifey's)
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 10:57 PM

So, the lowest price we've seen on a '06 S is $18K plus taxes, right? That's about $3,700 off MSRP.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Established Member
Hey NEXTMV,

Hey pal, You cant lose...By the time your ready for your "nextmv" you will problably just keep your current one.....You wouldnt understand unless you owned one...

I dont mean to sound like an elitest but......................just buy one and you will understand...

You will be owning something that will NEVER look dated..NEVER!!!......In my opinion Ducati's dont look dated either- MV's even make Ducati's look dated! Not an easy thing to do.....

Let me put this into perspective for you=its year 2015-and you want to go for a spin on your newest bike, you've got a next generation 2010/2014 MV F6-1100...Lucky you!....But your tires are worn to the rim, and you havent got around to getting some new skins yet... so you take out your "spare", which happens to be the bike you are debating right now- the 2006 F4-1000, by this time its old and you havent ridden it much since you got the new one.....So you take it out.....After a while you roll up to local sportbike spot where everyone is bench racing and admireing everyones bikes....Do you know what will happen? Everyone will go fucking crazy!! The fella's {and the girls even more} will all spot you on your 10 year old MV and they will LOSE their minds.....

Back to 2006=My friend, buying an MV is as far as you can go... you are in a different club now...The rules are different, EVERYTHING is different...Motorcycleing as you know it is OVER!..This is a whole new ball game, a better game, with bigger rewards.....Your 2-wheeled existance up until now has been your education- it sounds like its time for you to graduate..........Welcome...

You know what you have to do-

FBD
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 01:44 AM
anothermvfanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebreathingdog
Hey NEXTMV,

Hey pal, You cant lose...By the time your ready for your "nextmv" you will problably just keep your current one.....You wouldnt understand unless you owned one...

I dont mean to sound like an elitest but......................just buy one and you will understand...

You will be owning something that will NEVER look dated..NEVER!!!......In my opinion Ducati's dont look dated either- MV's even make Ducati's look dated! Not an easy thing to do.....

Let me put this into perspective for you=its year 2015-and you want to go for a spin on your newest bike, you've got a next generation 2010/2014 MV F6-1100...Lucky you!....But your tires are worn to the rim, and you havent got around to getting some new skins yet... so you take out your "spare", which happens to be the bike you are debating right now- the 2006 F4-1000, by this time its old and you havent ridden it much since you got the new one.....So you take it out.....After a while you roll up to local sportbike spot where everyone is bench racing and admireing everyones bikes....Do you know what will happen? Everyone will go fucking crazy!! The fella's {and the girls even more} will all spot you on your 10 year old MV and they will LOSE their minds.....

Back to 2006=My friend, buying an MV is as far as you can go... you are in a different club now...The rules are different, EVERYTHING is different...Motorcycleing as you know it is OVER!..This is a whole new ball game, a better game, with bigger rewards.....Your 2-wheeled existance up until now has been your education- it sounds like its time for you to graduate..........Welcome...

You know what you have to do-

FBD
NextMv
and firebreathingdog

Next MV
firebreathingdog nailed it on the head 200%, its absolutely funny cos somehow i would of responded exactly like this even before reading this, obviously a different word or too, but man what a statement he had written and so true
the mv is the most beautiful bike in the world. My Mv is six years old and turns head all the time
get the mv man now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode