Do you with single or the double - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Do you with single or the double

Just wanted to see what you all think and is one better for resale if there ever is a time. Me I want to leave the wife home so I don't even what the option. Also with out the back pegs for those of you trailering it to the track what are you tieing the back to on the bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 06:44 PM

When I was buying my F4, I noticed KBB and NADA list the 2000 F4 750 1+1 as being worth ~$500 less than the one seater. But KBB and NADA aren't very useful with bikes as rare as these.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarlvr
Just wanted to see what you all think and is one better for resale if there ever is a time. Me I want to leave the wife home so I don't even what the option. Also with out the back pegs for those of you trailering it to the track what are you tieing the back to on the bike
I'm sorry. You're asking if a single or two seater is better in terms of resale? I don't think there's going to be much of a difference. I think most people who get MV aren't really looking for much of a two up ride.

My first MV was a singled seater (crashed) and my second was a two seater and I like the single better. On the few times I took someone on the 1+1, it feels really top heavy in the rear. My third one is a single because when you're up close, you can tell the difference betweent the two.

For trailering, I never used the rear pegs. I just put a soft cloth around the wheel and used a tie down on the rear wheel.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 11:05 PM

My dealer says he doesn't order 1+1 bikes for stock. He'll only order one if someone wants one.

When you look at the seat, he's right. What good is it? The only use probably is to haul your buddy down from the hills if there is a breakdown.

'01 F4S
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2006, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruhl
My dealer says he doesn't order 1+1 bikes for stock. He'll only order one if someone wants one.

When you look at the seat, he's right. What good is it? The only use probably is to haul your buddy down from the hills if there is a breakdown.
That's interesting. I bought my 2002 MV which was a 1+1 from the dealer Andy mentioned (Reniassance Motorcycles) in 3/2002. I guess since then, demand for a 1+1 hasn't been that great.

I just check ProItalia's site. There still two 1+1 but only one single seater 2006 left. May 1+1s don't sell as well?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Smile

My 750 F4 was the 1 + 1 but my wife and kids only had one ride each and said they didn't want a second go. With this in mind, I opted for the monoposto when I got my 1000. I suppose it would be convinient to have the option of carrying a passenger at times but I prefer the look of the single seater. Regarding value, I believe the 1 + 1 versions were a couple of hundred pounds more (new retail) here in the UK but I don't think they command any premium when selling secondhand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 03:30 PM

Re/ rear tie down - On each side of the bike, I wrap a short nylon strap (with end loops) around the subframe tube just aft of where it fastens to the frame. Then hook a tie-down strap from there to the trailer. I've done this on all of my track bikes and have had no issues.

Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode