LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1601 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 08:19 PM

Where did you get the Muzzy fan blades?

2000 F4 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1602 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 10:45 AM

Hi Glenno,

I put a post in the wanted/for sale section on this site asking for a set, and a couple of weeks later a member who has been trying to sell several pieces of kit for some time contacted me and gave me an good deal on some decent kit including the Muzzy fan blades.

There may well be others on the forum who have an old set hanging around.
Also you could have a search on ebay and leave the search running under 'save this search' or 'follow this seller' depending on the search, that way if they do come up ebay will email you.
I have found several rare items in the past on ebay doing this, in 2 cases it took over a year for the items to come up for sale.

Cheers,
Bert.
Glenno likes this.

Last edited by MVBERT; 09-15-2018 at 10:11 AM. Reason: correction
post #1603 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 05:46 AM
Established Member

Have the pipes wrapped in Heatshield Products Header armour under the engine, protects the fairing, and reduced engine temprature as the heat is no longer radiating up into the engine. I also ceramic coated the exhaust, that didn’t do much for heat!

https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/h...or-heat-shield
Attached Images

post #1604 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falzon75 View Post
Have the pipes wrapped in Heatshield Products Header armour under the engine, protects the fairing, and reduced engine temprature as the heat is no longer radiating up into the engine. I also ceramic coated the exhaust, that didnít do much for heat!

https://www.heatshieldproducts.com/h...or-heat-shield
Thanks for the info falzon75.

I see it uses Silica the same as my current heat shielding.
How thick is it in mm? I ask because the pipe that does the most damage on the older MV's has around 10mm clearance from the bodywork. You have the modern F4 with a large cut out in the fairing exactly where the most damage gets done on the older F4's.

May one inquire as to which ceramic coating you used, and who did it? Professionally applied Plasma Ceramic coating on the various petrol head forums I have been digging around in say it makes a big difference to radiant heat(I always prefer customer feed back rather than what manufactures state, it's even better when it's a year or 2 after they had it done).
nigelrb likes this.
post #1605 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Contradiction in terms.

One must have wealth to own an MV Agusta!
One must unfortunately agree, certainly if you want to keep them looking and running their level best, even more so if you want to bling them up.
I dare not add up what I have spent over the last 8 yrs. I remember one visit to X bikes where I saw a customers MV that made my own cherished Italian Mistress look like a peasants, it was along the lines of R1Andrews Monalisa, 'bling perfect' and tastefully done, every detail immaculate.

I have totted up what I think I still need to spend to get to where I will be content and it's around £2,500 including the Mitchy hub(peace of mind). Although this does not include a Microtec ECU set up, will prob be another £1300?? If I can't grab one second hand.
R1andrew and nigelrb like this.
post #1606 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Established Member

The heat shielding Is not that thick, prob under 10mm uncompressed, my exhaust was pretty much 2mm or touching the fairing it melted a small hole in it, and heated up the bike that much you couldnt even touch the outside of the fairing! Now with the header armour the bike is running cooler as its not heating up the sump or fairing, and all hot exhaust gas is moving out back where its supposed to. I had the exhaust ceramic coated at Liverpool Exhausts Sydney. I also made a small heat shield for the rear brake reservoir to help with the heat. With the QD i melted the reservoir, this does a great job! I just did a hot spring 32deg track day, and finally had no rear brake fade! or heat issues!
Attached Images

post #1607 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 06:24 PM

Looks like you have the same fun as the early bikes, unless the QD is the entire cause?
Glad you fixed the issue.

So let me get this straight, the heat shielding still works even though it is touching the exhaust and the body work at the same time? Normally heat shields insist on a gap don't they?

Last edited by MVBERT; 09-16-2018 at 06:28 PM.
post #1608 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Established Member

Unfortunately the 2010 model came with really crap fairing heat shielding, lasted a year, they only replaced the side shielding under warranty not the belly pan! always had heat issues with 2010. Esp in summer on 40+deg days. 😥
post #1609 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 06:34 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
One must unfortunately agree, certainly if you want to keep them looking and running their level best, even more so if you want to bling them up.
I dare not add up what I have spent over the last 8 yrs. I remember one visit to X bikes where I saw a customers MV that made my own cherished Italian Mistress look like a peasants, it was along the lines of R1Andrews Monalisa, 'bling perfect' and tastefully done, every detail immaculate.

I have totted up what I think I still need to spend to get to where I will be content and it's around £2,500 including the Mitchy hub(peace of mind). Although this does not include a Microtec ECU set up, will prob be another £1300?? If I can't grab one second hand.
I did not know that I am that bad of an influence.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
MV Agusta F4 1000 Senna #25
Ducati 1098 2009
post #1610 of 1669 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
I did not know that I am that bad of an influence.
I don't know Andrew, I suspect that you have encouraged others to spend money, not that some of us need much encouragement.

But seriously we all get ideas from seeing what there is available and what can be done.
R1andrew likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode