Tipped over my F4 today - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Tipped over my F4 today

I parked it at a parking garage. Started walking towards the clerk to get my ticket. And then I hear this noise behind me. Doh!

Bike is on it's side. I was in total shock.

These kickstands are crap!!!!!! Now I gotta pull the side panel off and get it to my body guy. $150

Mirror popped off but I think I can repair it myself.

Tiny scratches on the tank and tail. Not visible without really looking for it.

This sucks big time, but stuff happens I guess.

2005 MV F4-1000S

Last edited by Turbo329; 05-02-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
i'm sorry that happened
the side stands are NOT adequate, to say the least

i'm happy that you weren't on it when it fell over

i hope you get it fixed soon.....
and that all will be well soon
sorry again

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:20 PM

This one time(at band camp) I went to start my 95 Duke while standing next to it and I (never leve it in gear) the sucker leaped forward and fell on me. but it also landed on a rock that scrached it on the lower part of the faring. After a while you wont feel like an ass any longer. All.......in.......time.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Glarepro
LOL! That sucks! If its any constilation to you I just brought home my used '02 748R that I bought on Wednesday. And you know how it goes when you just bring home a new bike. You just hang out in the garage and stare at it. Well I leaned up against the bike to look at the instruments and the F'n Kick stand bracket broke and my Mint Condition 748R tipped over. I was like NOOOOOOO!!!!! It must have had a stress fracture in the kick stand bracket or something. Maybe Italian kickstands suck!! LOL! I dont know but luckily I got away with a couple minor scratches on the side fairing and that was about it. Im just going to buy some yellow touch up paint and touch it up and feather it in with some of the GLARE Polish I get for free from my work.
Dude that stuff works really good. Luckily for me my garage has a wooden floor otherwise the damage might have been ALOT worse.
But the bummer is now I have to wait 5 days for the new kickstand bracket to come in, but I also ordered a stronger after-market kick-stand from
cycle-cats. Oh well. I'm just glad it happened in my garage and not anywhere else. I'll tell you what I always used to lean against my Jap bikes with the kickstand down and that NEVER happened before, but with my new Ducati I will never do that again. Live and learn.
PS. Hey Turbo My dad is from Greatneck LI and his Aunt used to live on Highland Ave off of Belt Parkway in Jamaica. I was just there in July visiting my cousins who live in Northport near Huntington. Yankees Baby!!!!

Last edited by Glarepro; 09-29-2006 at 09:40 PM.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 11:30 PM

Yeh sorry to hear about your mis-hap.

Hopefully I have done all my drops on my previous 97' ZX-6R. But it hurt then too
Though thanks to those experiences, I am fanatical now about where I park, how I stop, how I push it, how I lean on it, whos near it , how I wait at the traffic lights.

I once dropped it at traffic lights in the rain next to a bus full of people, the road was super slipery, my foot slipped. and I struggled to get my leg out now its just a funny memory and a cool story
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 12:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ddnuts
Sorry to hear about it. You will feel better in time.

Personality is what you show of yourself daily.

Character is what comes out under adversity. (Think about that)
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 01:56 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
I am sorry to hear that! I know how you feel... you might have heard about my Senna getting knocked over by some MOFO when it was less than 1 day old.

anyway, you can get it back to perfect, it's just a bike after all... good luck.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by odonata; 09-30-2006 at 02:20 AM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Red face

Hi Turbo, I can only echo what the other guys have already said; when this happens you feel sick to your stomach and you just feel pretty helpless and annoyed but it will pass and you will be determined to fix your bike up better than new. We all feel for you mate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 04:09 AM

I feel for you turbo, it's all the hassle getting it back "right" again, but it does come good in time.
We were at a popular stopping point the other week and heard that horrible "crash" sound as someone's bike fell over into someone elses, turned out he had parked his bike facing downhill on the sidestand and it just rolled forward.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 07:37 AM

Turbo, mine fell over once. It happens.

It has a small scratch on the timing cover and the fairing, and the clutch lever and bar end got a little scratch. That's it.

I haven't fixed it. I kind of don't want to. It makes me feel even less like I have to baby the bike around. Not that I really did before...

For only $150 I'd be tempted to fix the fairing though. I could proabaly use a black sharpie to "fix" the lever and bar end.

Ahh. Maybe somewhere in the future it will get done.

'01 F4S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode