Which would you buy? Please answer honestly. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blavenia
Smile Which would you buy? Please answer honestly.

Here are my options:

2005 F4 1000 S - New Leftover - $17,900 + Shipping

2006 F4 1000 1+1 - New leftover - $19,500

2007 F4 1000 R - New - Full MSRP

Now, if you picked the 1000 R, which I'm assuming many of you will, what color does it for you? black or red?

I will be purchasing in October, and I was just curious what you all thought about the pricing of the leftover bikes, especially with the 2005 and 2006 both being new and identical, but priced so well. Do you really think the "R" is worth $3-$4K more than the deals being offered to me on the S models?

Please help! This is a huge decision for me.

Thanks to all!

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S
05 MV F4 1000 S 1+1 (SOLD)

2007 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Wifey's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:18 PM

If you have heaps of money buy the latest R with all the engine enhancements, brakes etc. I would only buy the red silver as I think it is the most recognized and still looks stunning after nearly ten years of production.

I would seriously consider an older F4 and spend the saved money on the open exhaust RG3, chip etc. All my friends say I have got to get more noise out of mine so they all can enjoy it more when I pass them! Still I get comments on the sound of it just as it is!!!

Red/Silver for sure!!!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:19 PM

If you can, buy the "R".
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Which color, Peet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S

2007 Yamaha FZ1
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:33 PM

Get the red/silver R...no question.

post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Well, it really comes down to what you want. I know you probably aren't looking for this answer. I think you'll get several different answers because in the end, everyone has his/her own opinion on this matter. My thoughts are this: If you are going to have to sell an arm for the R, then go for a leftover 1000S. If you plan on taking someone 1+1, then get that. The 1+1 can easily be converted to mono, whereas mono->1+1 is a bit more difficult having to purchase a new subframe and all.

The R of course is superior. I'd definitely recommend it, as will many others on this board, just from pure stats and reviews. The color, in the end, should be left to you.
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:58 PM
lk

I agree with Peet.. ofcourse.. we both have the R's and we both have the black version. Personally.. i think the color choice should be your own.. they both look great. I loved the red and black equally so i decided more on something like a coin toss. The bike is plenty powerful so investing in an RG3 and other add ons might not be necessary.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:01 AM

The 2005 and 2006 are pretty much the same, if you have no issues with a 1+1 but the shipping cost does make the 2005 less attractive.

If power, power delivery, and brake feel aren't too much of an issue, it's hard to justify the cost over the R vs. the S. Personally, I went with the S rather than wait to pay down my 999. I liked the S' red/silver color scheme better than the R. And the difference weren't that major to me.

WELL....here's another way of thinking of it. If you're financing, how much a month would each bike cost? Let's say 6% for 60 months:

$18K = $347
$20K = $386
$23K = $444

This figures are really accurate because of the tax and registration -not to mention the shipping on the '05 but it's a general idea. And, 6% is pretty good now-a-days.

If you're not financing, try figuring out the total cost of ownership for all three bike divided by the number of months you plan on keeping the bike.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

I appreciate the answers from Admin and netizen as well. Any idea or opinion is welcomed. I can pretty much go in any direction financially, but have a hard time justifying an extra $5-6K from the 2005 S to the 2007 R. Is it really worth it for the extra HP and radial brakes, etc...? I even found a 1000 Corse edition in Miami at Miami Ducati, but don't know if it's worth the cash for the paint. I think I know what SGCULLEN would say!!

Keep pumping thoughts out to me. I really do like to hear several points of view. One of the things that keeps me looking at the 05/06 models is the red/silver paint scheme on them. I honestly think the R models don't look as good as the S models and the paint that's been on them for so long. It just seems wrong to get something without the typical graphics on the S models. Somehow in the years I've been preparing to purchase this bike I always pictured it in the red/silver with the 06 graphics.

Keep the opinions coming. I truly appreciate the opinions on this board.

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S

2007 Yamaha FZ1
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Those are good points, Alan. I can't imagine ever selling it. I will check it out and amortize the depreciation over say 3 years or so. I will be paying cash, no financing. Selling my house finally!

Doesn't anyone on here have a 2007 R they want to sell for $20K? hee hee heeee

Keep it coming.

b

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S

2007 Yamaha FZ1

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode