Which would you buy? Please answer honestly. - Page 3 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:21 PM

New Site Garage
The black R. Best choice at this moment.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Brian-

I just checked out the MV Corse at Ducati Miami's website. They want $29,000 for it? My F4 cost $21.5K new. The Corse kit was $6.6K new. Basically, they're charging you $1,000 over the NEW price for a pre-owned motorcycle? Forget it. You'll have to wait to get a Corse kit shipped in (if they are still available...which I imagine they are), but if you want one, buy it new.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:00 PM
I would buy the F4 1000R for the addition of the brembo radials.

These brakes are on my Aprilia Factory R race bike and they are incredible.

If cost is really an issue, buy a Japanese I4, they are fantastic bikes at 1/2 the cost.

(I'm not trying to be an ass, but you can get a lot of motorcycle for the $$ if thats a concern)
post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 08:45 PM

Exclamation !!!wow!!!

I don't know if this influences your decision, but today I saw a representative from Ducati Miami at a motorcycle show with a F4-1000R it looked amazing. He had a lot of aftermarket carbon parts like black Gilles Footrests, Carbon fiber frame covers, carbon fiber swing arm cover, almost every accessory in carbon fiber (except the fairings), and a FBF full titanium dual exhaust. IT L KED AMAZING! If money isn't an issue then you should definitely go with the R. When I initially saw the pictures I thought it didn't look that great compared to the others, but it was beautiful. I have had the pleasure of seeing the Tamburini, Corse, Mamba, Senna-1000, F4s, F41000S, and The AGO up close, and this is undoubtedly in the same league. The wheels look awesome, and there wasn't anything I disliked about it (except the exhaust). I asked if they had any in stock, and the representative from Duc Miami told me they had three (2 Blacks, and 1 Red I believe). He said they were around $23,something (sorry, I was distracted by it). I believe his name was Rolando Santos (owner maybe?). Hope this helps, and send lots of pics of whatever you get. His numbers on his card are as follows
Ph (305) 625-2453
Fax (305) 625-2494
Cell (305) 710-2040

P.S. Just getting a hang of these smilies [/FONT]
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 09:03 PM

If you can afford it, the R. If price IS a factor, buy the 05. Eliminate the 06 and use the BMW for two up riding, not the MV.
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 09:12 PM

Corse kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgcullen
Brian-

I just checked out the MV Corse at Ducati Miami's website. They want $29,000 for it? My F4 cost $21.5K new. The Corse kit was $6.6K new. Basically, they're charging you $1,000 over the NEW price for a pre-owned motorcycle? Forget it. You'll have to wait to get a Corse kit shipped in (if they are still available...which I imagine they are), but if you want one, buy it new.
Sgcullen I asked the Ducati Miami guy about the Corse, and he said that they just completed the kit, so I am assuming that the body work is new. Also the website says retail $29,000 and after it it states "call for best price" so they might go lower.

I also would like to add that the photographs of your Corse are stunning, and the pictures really bring out the beauty that is not usually visible in Mv Agusta website photographs. (see Mv photo below)
Attached Images

post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blavenia
Okay all, here's the beef!

Current prices available on what I found:

2005 MV F4 1000 1+1 (yes, I found a 1+1) - $17,500, no additional costs at all, found it fairly close so I can pick it up and there will be tax when I return it to florida, but no fees at all on the 05, show up with 17,500, and that's it.

2006 F4 1000 S - $19,000 + tax

2007 F4 "R" in whatever color/style I choose - $22,500 + $400 Setup for a total of $22,900 + tax.

I have all these options in writing available. No shipping because they are all close enough. Boy, this is a tough decision. $5,500 buys a lot of exhaust and wheels and chip etc...

Also, price quoted on the Corse kit bike in Miami was $27,995, but didn't tell me it was used.

I think I can honestly say the 2006 is out. No point in paying more for it when the 05 is priced so attractively.

I just wanted to let everyone know the latest in the hunt! These prices are exact!

Thanks to all for your opinions. They help me to think about my decision from different perspectives.

Now to throw in a real problem, I saw a 2007 F4 R Senna and am almost totally in love!!! Ouch, that will really hurt the wallet! Better not look at it again.

Brian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S
05 MV F4 1000 S 1+1 (SOLD)

2007 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Wifey's)
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 12:25 AM

Buy them ALL!
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-_-b Tamburini d-_-b
Sgcullen I asked the Ducati Miami guy about the Corse, and he said that they just completed the kit, so I am assuming that the body work is new. Also the website says retail $29,000 and after it it states "call for best price" so they might go lower.

I also would like to add that the photographs of your Corse are stunning, and the pictures really bring out the beauty that is not usually visible in Mv Agusta website photographs. (see Mv photo below)
I hadn't seen the Corse with the black Marchesini's. Don't like it with them. I'm not sure what's up with the colors of the Corse on their website either. It must be the studio lighting. In natural light, the colors look much better. Thanks for your comments on my Corse...I really enjoy owning it. And to all you guys who don't like it! (just kidding, but not really... )

post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to blavenia
I think Fazer has the best idea of all!

2005 MV Agusta Brutale S
05 MV F4 1000 S 1+1 (SOLD)

2007 Yamaha FZ1
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Wifey's)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode