Thinkin seriously about a F4 1000R ??? Input from you guys would be appreciated - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Thinkin seriously about a F4 1000R ??? Input from you guys would be appreciated

I'm seriously considering a F4 1000R.

For general info I currently own several bikes from dirt bikes, vintage, Modern sportbikes, to Custom Harleys.

I'm a lover of all things two wheeled.

Further, I race a Aprilia Factory R and Sv 650 with WMRRA. (#121) I have several years of racing experience, if no appearent talent...

I have decided to purchase another I4 for the stable after a pretty steady diet of twins lately.

I like the looks of the F4 and see that the new 1000R has the magical radial Brembos. The magazines seam to heap praise upon the bikes power and handling.

It is undoubtedly beautiful in the Massimo Italian fashion!

I will not race this bike but will use it for next years romp to Laguna Seca and the occasional local mountain run or posuer session at the "bike night"

I have raced and street ridden Italian bikes for several years, but have little experience with the MV brand.

What issues do these bikes have? what can I expect as far as the "typical Italian quirkiness"?

The nearest dealership is in Portland Ore. I live in Seattle, WA. About 170 miles seperate us, which by itself is not a HUGE issue.

But, if I can expect many small problems I will probably look to the Japenese I4's or mabye a Ducati R.

Arun at Moto Corsa is an associate of mine and I have had positive dealings with him in the past. So the dealership is Ok by me but the distance may be a problem.

Well, in general what can I expect from ownership of the MV? Anything I should be aware of? Stay away from? what is the current financial position of the company?

You help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Allister
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 11:43 PM

Allister, welcome to the site....all your questions have been dealt with in depth...just do a search and/or go through the endless posts about F4, Maint. & Perf. Also read:
http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/

As far as the local shop, Eastside Motorsport "used" to be an MV dealer. But still they do work on them. Call Dave (service mgr) and tell him I sent you and he will take good care of you (...as long as it isn't warranty work, since they are no longer authorized dealer)

Kamran

....shay hullo to my lille friend
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:26 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
welcome to the forum
you'll find all the info you need here
happy to have you aboard

good luck in your decision making

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 06:27 AM

The bike Is amazing . I took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago . You can sit a stare at the machine in ur garage an be completly happy with life . The ride is , flat out the best thing ive ridden . At about 60 mph the bike stiffens up perfectly an it feels like some one put a u shaped piece of aluminum on it , connecting ur front an rear axle . The bike becomes one piece . The steering imputs are telepathic . Mind u im following break in religously an have not gotton on it yet in anger but i took a passenger on it twice , about 130 lbs extra , an once we started rooling i could feel nothing from her input . The bikes geometry did not change an the steering input did not require any more effort from the passenger . Something ive never felt b4 . The power potential is there too . One thing i had no clue of before i bought , an is about the coolest damn thing about the bike is the air intake noise . I was warned by the dealer that at half throttle an 8 grand the noise will make the hairs on the back of ur neck stand up , a 100 piece orchestra good make a sweeter sound than this bike . If it is within ur means to own one do it u wont regret it an the community around italian bikes seems to be more sapportive then jap bikes ull find some one to work on it for u that wont be a pain .
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 07:50 AM
anothermvfanatic
please buy one
i beg of you
if u can, you should
if u cant, you should do it anyway
An F4 1000r, what a statement, what a masterpiece
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Established Member

This has come up before--distance to dealership. I am an 8 hour drive and a border crossing from the nearest dealership. My attitude was: if it breakes, it breaks. Better a part time MV than anything else full time. Having said that it has yet (knock on wood) to disappointment or even offer the slightest mechanical issue. 8000 km and 2 seasons of complete reliability. It is by far the best handling, most responsive bike I have ever ridden. It puts a 999 to shame, and I think it compares very favorably to a couple of very thoroughly race prepped and tuned modern R1s--to the point where the total $ spent is probably not that different, and the MV is much better. Go for it. As others have said, they are a masterpiece.

2005 MV Agusta F4 1000 AGO
2006 Suzuki GSXR750
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

I will continue my research but the F4 1000R has really got me going.

I will contact Eastside (I have dealings withthem through wmrra) to see what they think about this bike. Should be interesting because they will have no financial interest in "selling" the brand to me.

I will continue to ask annoying and stupid questions until I purchase the silly thing.

I'm kinda waiting to see what the big four come out with and what the new 1100cc "R" performs like.

That F4 R is probably gonna be the one!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Glarepro
Have you test rode one yet?? I know that your dealer isnt down the street from you, but if you can swing it then I would plan a weekend trip to there just to test one out. If you do then you'll want one even more.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 01:14 AM

I think some quirks would mostly be:

1) Fuel delivery. It has an on or off feel with the first crack of the throttle. Great if you want a quick accleration. Not so great if you're lean over near traction limits.

2) Engine Breaking system. Sometimes, at lower and mid rpms, I close throttle and there's little engine breaking to slow me down. I thought the EBS only kick in above 9K rpms or something.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
I think some quirks would mostly be:

1) Fuel delivery. It has an on or off feel with the first crack of the throttle. Great if you want a quick accleration. Not so great if you're lean over near traction limits.

2) Engine Breaking system. Sometimes, at lower and mid rpms, I close throttle and there's little engine breaking to slow me down. I thought the EBS only kick in above 9K rpms or something.
Nah, the EBS system monitors engine decelleration and works off that, if you run a 1000S to around 11000 rpm in 3rd or so (don't try this in 6th,you'll end up locked up!!) then close the throttle and it will work instantly, sounding a little 3 cylinder ish, as the revs come down it will stop working around 4500rpm when it will sound like a 4 cylinder bike again as it stops injecting fuel to number 2 cylinder (all of the cylinders receive no fuel here) keep the throttle closed and at 3000rpm you will feel a slight kick as a small fuel percentage ir re-introduced.

The EBS on the 1000R is "better" like I have said before, think of the "R" as "refined" It does everything the "S" does slightly smoother, slightly quicker, slightly more refined, but it is ONLY slightly, they are still the same bike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode