Matte black - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Matte black

Because the nearest MV dealer is 2 subway stops away, I went down to window peep. They had a matte black F4 1000 in the window, quite an attractive livery (despite having at least several weeks of dust on it; why would you showcase something in the window and not keep it clean? ). Anyway, the store obviously closed so I couldnt see any other MVs in the back as it was too dark inside.

Is it certain that the 07 1000R livery for the US will only be the gloss black and red/silver versions? I really liked the sublimely understated nature of the matte black, esp with the silver wheels - I hadnt seen one of the matte blacks in person before and photos never quite do the real-world liveries justice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 03:03 PM

don't know about the american colours but i aggree with you about the matte black, i have ordered mine and can't wait.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 06:39 PM

I spoke with a salesman yesterday (in person) and the only colors offered for the R are the black/grey and "new" red/silver. I have seen both in the flesh and the black/grey looks much better in my opinion.

If you want a matte black R you could just buy the stock S bodywork or paint a new set to your liking.

Is that TSS or are you just happy to see me?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

thanks superbike, the black R is decent, but is VERY black (with wheels and all); i tend to prefer some color if for nothing else than other drivers mightbe able to see you near them should they dare to use their mirrors; but that matte black was pretty sweet
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 10:12 PM

i've been thinking about options lately, and one was getting a matte black and doing a US Army theme on it. Paint it matte green, the Army stars on the side, 1940s style. Wonder if that has been done on a MV.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 11:01 PM

I have seen VERY few matte black 1000s... I guess the matte 750s are even more rare, as in almost non-existant.

Anyone have numbers?

'01 F4S
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acruhl
I have seen VERY few matte black 1000s... I guess the matte 750s are even more rare, as in almost non-existant.

Anyone have numbers?
AFAIK Matte black 750's are only SPR, and 1000's new for '06, so I would definitely agree, both are scarce.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
i've been thinking about options lately, and one was getting a matte black and doing a US Army theme on it. Paint it matte green, the Army stars on the side, 1940s style. Wonder if that has been done on a MV.
For real??

Bimota SB6 #028 (sold)
Ducati 998R #723 (sold)
F4 Ago #269 (sold)
F4 Tamburini #86 (sold)
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 03:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6
AFAIK Matte black 750's are only SPR, and 1000's new for '06, so I would definitely agree, both are scarce.
No no no. I own an original matte black 750 '00 (you can see it in my profile).
It was available since the first presentation (I saw it and had pics in motorcycle Trade Fair in Milan 1999). It's rare, but in Italy you can find some.
1000S got a darker shade of matte black and it's an esclusive US market color (or on request for Europe).
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 03:18 AM

Send a message via MSN to Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
Would you paint a Ferrari matte green with army star?

Fells like betraying it's italian soul...sorry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode