Price of First Service: Report - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Price of First Service: Report

I've been called around to get a feel of what the ranges are. I learned from my days with a 748 that it was best to call around.

Here's my report for a first service on a 2006 MV F41000S:

- Pro Italia, Glendale, CA: $550 (valve adjustments done)

-GP Motorcyclce, San Diego, CA: $385 (valve adjustment done - out of towners leave your bike cuz it will take a few days - no work while you wait)

- Scottsdale MV, Phoenix, Arizona: $276 (no valve adjustment) $1,385 (valve adjustment)

- Renaissance Motorcycles, Tucson, Arizona: $450 (valve adjustment)

I was a bit surprised about Scottsdale price with valve adjustment. I'll double check with Joshua to make sure I heard correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Hello all. I did get a repsonse from Joshua and Douglas MacMillan, Service Manager with Scottsdale MV:

Quote:
Mr. Gibbs, I have prepared service pricing for your F-4 1000
The 3800 mile service includes an oil and filter service (we use the factory recommended Agip oil) cooling system test/inspection, spark plug inspection/replacement if needed. Throttle body adjustment, air filter check/replace if needed. Parts w/plugs and air filter are $144.25 Labor is $237.00
The 7500 mile service is more involved, it includes a valve inspection and lash adjustment, oil and filter service, cooling system check, timing chain inspection, timing chain movable shoe inspection, fuel filter replacement, throttle body adjustment, air filter inspection, brake and clutch fluid inspection. Parts are 110.00 Labor is 742.60. Many dealers have there own version of these services. We perform the services as per the MV Agusta maintenance guide. This ensures top performance from your machine. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions at 480.609.1800.
Thank you,
Douglas MacMillan
Service Manager
MV Agusta Scottsdale
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:38 AM

HI Allan,

The flat rate valve adjustment alone is 6hrs for any F4 (incl MT) and 5.7 for any Brutale. I guess you can calculate their labour rate x all the items on the list for those checks. Of course a valve check is much less time than an adjustment.

Fuel filter .4hrs
Air filter .3hrs

If they are really following the factory flat rates then you will most often come out well as most of the time specs are fairly aggressive IMO.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:44 AM

Alan, It would be great if others could post their service prices and experiences here as well. Then we could have a database for not only comparison prices as well as overall service experiences. It might make it easier to choose a dealer/service dept.

Great Idea Alan!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
The 3800 mile service includes ..... Parts w/plugs and air filter are $144.25 Labor is $237.00
The 7500 mile service is more involved, it includes a valve inspection..... Parts are 110.00 Labor is 742.60
Forgive me if I'm a little slow.

$381.25 doesn't seem like that bad of a price for a 3,800mi service
and
$852.60 seems like a steal for a 7,500.

Is there a 600mi service like on a Ducati, or is it just an oil change? How expensive is this service, if there is one?

Granted I am a Ducati owner so maybe I'm just used to getting robbed.
Scottsdale MV seems like an alright place. Thanks for the info.

Forbes

Is that TSS or are you just happy to see me?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Actually, when I called, it was for the 600 mile service. And from the sounds of it, the 600-mile service is the same as the 7,500-mile service IF you elect to have the valves adjusted.

As for price, Iím not really making an opinion on whatís right or excessive because my information is out dated. Back in 2003, the 7,500 mile service at Renaissance was about $400 and the 3,800 miles service was about $250.

From a mechanical standpoint, is the F4's engine much harder to work on that a desmo?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 02:56 PM

From the sounds of it, the engines should be easier to work on and less labor intensive than a Ducati.

Why is a valve adjustment required @ 600? Are they usually out of spec after such little mileage?

Is that TSS or are you just happy to see me?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

From what Reniassance told me years ago with the 750s, usually they're not out of spec.

When I spoke to Scottsdale, he said MV recommends inspection but becuase of the costs, they give the owner both costs and let the owner make a decision.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 06:12 PM

GP Motorcycles quoted me $325 for the break-in service w/ valve adjustments when I purchased my bike. I haven't done it yet but that's what they told me.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbcomputers
GP Motorcycles quoted me $325 for the break-in service w/ valve adjustments when I purchased my bike. I haven't done it yet but that's what they told me.

That price is probably for a valve 'CHECK'. Adjustment takes much more time..just a quick mention that there was most likely a misunderstanding on the difference between 'check' and 'adjustment'

JamesC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode