How I dropped my MV (or anyone got a clutch lever in NYC?) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

How I dropped my MV (or anyone got a clutch lever in NYC?)

So after three weeks of waiting for parts, I was ready to leave manhattan and go to my parents' house on LI so I can change my air+oil filter, oil, plugs, and convert my quickstand to a regular stand. This is at about 11:30 PM.

Just as I'm going into the Midtown tunnel a whole bunch of cops come up to me and start asking question about my lack of a license plate sticker (temporary reg from the dealership). The entrance to the tunnel is a moderate decline, and in the confusion of all the cops and the tunnel entrance, I didn't get the quickstand down far enough and the bike fell over. Gas started pouring out of the tank vent because I had just filled it up.

I picked it up ASAP, and quickly surveyed the damage. A few specks on the fairing and engine cover. Pretty minor really. So the cop tells me to go and I get on the bike, start it, and realize the clutch lever is broken off. Crap. Now I need to get an MV towed from Manhattan at midnight on a friday.

AAA wouldn't tow me, neither would 4 other tow companies. Finally the cops got their towing company to tow my bike, but the guy brought the non-flatbed kind of towtruck. It didn't seem to matter as the guy did some amazing stuff to get my bike back to my apartment without any additional bruises. It was awesome. And he only charged me $200!!!

I'm not as angry as I thought I'd be. Some people say seeing their bike on the ground made them feel sick. I didn't feel sick, I was just really pissed off.

So now I need a clutch lever. Anyone got one in the NYC area and willing to meet me tomorrow? 631-766-7800

I can't lose my fourth weekend in a row!!!!

more pics are in my album

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 01:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
that sux. at least the five-oh stopped with the interrogation after it fell over.

u should be able to source the parts you need here or ebay. a clutch lever should be easy.

or you could just take this chance to switch to a brembo master clutch cylinder....

alex
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 02:48 AM

New Site Garage
Sorry to hear this. Good luck with finding the clutch lever.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 05:11 AM

Got 1 in Phila, but too busy to head up the tnpk.

If you leave NOW you'll be here by 8am and home by 1030.

Will be available here most of day. Currently changing skin on Tamburini for track.

Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode