What is it about the MV....... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

What is it about the MV.......

..... that makes it such a good bike on the track?

If you guys have noticed, the MV is competitive in all mag shootouts. It had the fastest laptime in Masterbike this year. Lapped faster than the R1 LE in the latest Sport Rider. It lapped faster than a Gixxer 1K in the hands of Doug Chandler.

It seems like the package as a whole is a competitive one when the spec sheet would imply otherwise. For example: It's heavy like the Honda, doesn't have the most HP, and has it's faults like abrupt fueling and so on.

I just wanted to hear about your experiences with the MV on the track and what you think makes this bike stand out from the other inlines.

2005 MV F4-1000S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:47 PM

I have very little track experience but for the canyon riding I've been doing, I think it has to do with the riding position and the weight over the front end. The only bikes that really gave me confidence were the MVs and 748/996 Ducatis. The 999 was close but I didn't feel as confident in the front end.
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo329
..... that makes it such a good bike on the track?
Exquisite fork and frame + riding position is perfect for track use. Most other bike were wompromised to make them a lil more comfortable for everyday use. The MV comes out of the factory ready to kick ass.
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 11:32 PM

Best bikes in the world!
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 12:48 AM

Front end...
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 AM

it would have to be the confidence the bike transmits to the rider. this more than likely comes from the front end/frame/riding position as previously stated. with performance numbers so close, what would make the difference is the rider. and it comes down to what the rider believes they can do on the bike as much if not more so that what the bike can do. sad thing is, it can make a lesser experienced person a little TOO invincible.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 10:28 PM

I really think there is something to the riding position (similar to Ducati) and the steel frame together. Obviously there are the high end suspension components too... But I think there is something they have figured out that the Japanese just haven't figured out.

'01 F4S
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 10:35 PM

If you look above at Andy's avatar, that picture says it all. A confident rider, well positioned on a refined racing machine. It is the combination of rider and machine.

Overall...BALANCE
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 10:47 PM
Glarepro
Its the Trellis frame, the weight distribution, the riding position, and of course suspension. The new F4 motor also has a character about it on how it revs and deleivers power, it seems like the motor almost knows your thoughts just as well as the chasis does. I think this bike bridges the gap between Man and Machine better then any other bike out there. They nailed the Physics of a motorcycle on this machine better then anyone else has ever done. If you would get any more feedback from the bike then its already giving you it would start talking to you. I swear it!

Last edited by Glarepro; 09-21-2006 at 11:16 PM.
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto
Front end...
Ducati has excellent frontend feedback but Mv F4 has great frontend feedback. The excellent feel in general is the result of the trellis CrMo frame. The main difference between the Ducati and the Mv F4 frame is the ability for a rider to induce a "Bostrom Weave", hence degree of stiffness. The stronger/re-enforced F4 frame makes it very difficult. The 999 chassis stiffness is somewhere in between the 996 and the F4.

I don't know if the latest Japanese literbike front suspension is that bad, Andy. When you compare Showa to Showa...

"Every mistake is a learning opportunity"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ARCHILLE; 09-21-2006 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode