front paddock stand - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and

front paddock stand

hi all
i did a search on this site i can't find anything about a front paddock stand and the one i have is no good
so who makes the easiest one and the cheapest one

emoto have a section for paddock stands but its not a link to anything and theres no price quide i could find

i need to get one quick as i'm having this front air leak while breaking her in and i've only covered 350miles so far
and i'm loving it

no i've got my footpegs adjusted
i din't realise they where height adjustable as standard on pivot mount it looks just like a casting mark that don't work there for show
another tick for the mv in my books
just need to sort the slippery pegs out

this site is excellent and i hope to give more imput once i suss my self out with the bike properly
but in the meantime i'll keep reading and learning from you guys
ride safe
jas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 04:26 PM

The content of your post indicates you just need to get the front in the air so you can get the wheel off. If you have a garage, just get a pair of ratchet-style tie-downs a couple of soft straps and crank it up from the rafters. Or build a ramp, hang the bike with the soft straps and a couple of standard tie-downs then slide the ramp out. HTH
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 04:43 PM

I read in this forum to use a tall step ladder with ratchets and it works great. I then took some but not all the weight off by lowering down on a bar stradeling two jack stands.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:07 PM

I bought a pitbull front stand, that lifts from the bottom triple clamp. It allows you to remove your forks and/or your front wheel. Spend the $140 and get one. I tried the rafter thing with my friend's 1991 Nighthawk, and it was nerve-racking. I would NEVER do it to my Aprilia. It is so unstable.

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory
2001 Ducati Monster S4
1992 Honda Nighthawk 750
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 09:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to MVASyd
You just need to get a "universal" front stand that has a flat metal plate on the up rights.This is normally for conventional front forks and used by Japanese bikes.
All you need to do is adjust the length of these (universal ones have adjustable front feet) to fit under the brake caliper mounts rather than the bottom of the forks and voila!. My universal ones I use for all my different bikes, it has rubber on top of the flat pads, so no scratching and costs about $150.

MVA Sydney
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilia
I bought a pitbull front stand, that lifts from the bottom triple clamp. It allows you to remove your forks and/or your front wheel. Spend the $140 and get one. I tried the rafter thing with my friend's 1991 Nighthawk, and it was nerve-racking. I would NEVER do it to my Aprilia. It is so unstable.
Unfortunately, pitbull does not, nor has any immediate plans to, make a front 'triple-tree' stand for the MV. The problem is MV's don't have a hole in the bottom of the lower crown, and it's too thick to use the Ducati hook style.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postman_bat
hi all
i did a search on this site i can't find anything about a front paddock stand and the one i have is no good
so who makes the easiest one and the cheapest one

emoto have a section for paddock stands but its not a link to anything and theres no price quide i could find

i need to get one quick as i'm having this front air leak while breaking her in and i've only covered 350miles so far
and i'm loving it

no i've got my footpegs adjusted
i din't realise they where height adjustable as standard on pivot mount it looks just like a casting mark that don't work there for show
another tick for the mv in my books
just need to sort the slippery pegs out

this site is excellent and i hope to give more imput once i suss my self out with the bike properly
but in the meantime i'll keep reading and learning from you guys
ride safe
jas
This should help:

James - MV Agusta FAQ
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilia

Unless your garage is on the verge of collapse, the bike won't come down unless the rafters do... and the bike will be rock-steady if you secure the rear end of the bike while you're working on it. The stock MV rear works perfectly for this purpose.

The "rafter thing" allows you to remove the front wheel, the forks, the brakes from bikes with absolutely no worries whatsoever and an added plus over using a stand is there is NOTHING in your way while you're working on the bike.

Another tip... any time the front needs to come off it will be in my garage, so I don't need a "pit stand" and since I already have the rear MV stand and a Pit-Bull rear stand, I got Pit-Bull to make a pin to fit the MV front axle. Now the MV stand goes on the rear, the Pit-Bull goes on the front and I can have the bike in the air and the forks off in less than 15 minutes. The custom-made pin cost about what the shipping does on a front stand.

Last edited by emmvee; 09-18-2006 at 09:46 AM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Established Member

Fast By Ferracci has stands in stock. I have already used mine and can verify that they work properly and reliably. It lifts the front up via the caliper mounts so you can use the wheel drop-outs to remove the front wheel, etc. It works great. Call their parts department or go to their web-site.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Why dont you try a Abba stand, i have one with connectors for my Mille and MV.. connects to the swingarm pivot.. then you can either easily lift the front from rafters or compress the back with ratchet strap from rear to stand.. pulls down the back..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode