First long ride on the MV - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

First long ride on the MV

First long ride on the MV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I finally felt comfortable enough, after taking the MSF refresher and riding around on a beater, to take my F4 out for more than a spin around the neighborhood. I had only intended an hour ride on some rural roads, but ended up running through two tanks of gas . My impressions of the bike are as follows...

1. Do I need a bike like this? No, I'm not using but maybe two thirds of the bikes potential. It is like anything else Italian (my wife included) Beautiful to look at, sometimes a pain in the ass to deal with.

2. Do I want a bike like this? FCUK YEAH!!!

The bike pulls like a freight train. It corners like it was on rails. The harder you push it the better it feels. Both times I stopped for fuel, people crowded me at the pump, wanting to know what kind of bike it was, and what it was all about. I had two people want me to take pics of them posing by the bike. Extraverts rejoice. The best question I received was from someone who wanted to know if my name was Mike Agusta. Needless to say, I would have needed to be riding a unicycle naked to have garnered this much attention. Average fuel stop time, 20+ minutes. It was cool, but it will get old eventually?

I love this bike.

Bad points...The bike's mirrors are useless. I had someone following me on an empty two lane road and I didn't notice them until I stopped at an intersection. The ergos are a little harsh for any long distance riding, as it puts lots of weight on your hands and wrists. (Jenny Craig and the Abdominator, here I come) It is difficult for me to want to put any tank bag or luggage on the bike, because I dont want to ruin the lines of the bike or risk scratching the paint.

All in all, I absolutely love this bike. If any of you get the chance to ride one, or better yet, own one, DO IT. (I know I'm preaching to the choir, just had to say it.)

P.S. Mine is not available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Glarepro
Did you have any issues with Heat Emitting from the Exhaust under the seat or comming off the sides near the inside of your legs like the ducati 999 does???
Just Wondering...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

No, I was wearing jeans and boots, but did not notice any excessive heat. There was some warmth as I slowed the bike to a stop, but nothing uncomfortable. It was in the low 90's F during the ride. I'm sure that if I was in leathers, they would make me more hot than the bike.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Established Member

Nice write up! Congratulations for your bike!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
i'm thrilled that you are liking your bike

one bit of advice....
get rid of the jeans and wear something a bit more protective...
i'm glad you are riding in a safe fashion.... but, the F4 is a strong gal and she can spit you off any time she likes
riding in jeans is a sure fire way to spend weeks in the hospital while your skin grafts heal... if you have have a spill

not trying to rain on your parade... you spent good money on that F4... now spend some money on some protective clothing

ok....
your mother has stopped advising you

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

I know I slipped up. I did have bohn armor under them, a ce padded vanson jacket and full length gauntlets, if thats any consolation. It was just too humid to try and pull on the leathers.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 10:46 PM

Kevlar jeans (the good ones) are not a bad alternative...I'm wearing them at the moment...until I lose some weight
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:19 PM

Congrats on the good times!

"Don't mistake kindness for flatulence, bitchez."

07 Brutale 910r

95 Buell S2 Thunderbolt
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:20 PM

Or you could just get an Aprilia, and not have to worry about a hot ass..... HAHA! JK!!

Its an awesome feeling isn't it?! I remember my first time going on a real ride... best time ever...

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory
2001 Ducati Monster S4
1992 Honda Nighthawk 750
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

I think I'll have my name legally changed to Mike Agusta.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode