Considering an F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Considering an F4

I have been toying with the idea of buying an F4. I have ridden Ducati for the last twenty years so I am familiar with Italian bikes. My question is I have noticed a lot of 2005 through 2007 F4 for sale on Ebay and they seem to either not be selling or selling for very low prices. I have seen them go from $7,900 to $10,000. depending on year and mileage. The number for sale and the low prices make me worried there is a problem with the early 1000s.

Anyone have any advice as to what to avoid or am I just worrying too much?

If this is an old thread and you can refer me to past discussions I would appreciate it.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 05:15 PM

Hello and welcome. As you have many years experiance with Ducati's check out the prices of an 07 1098!!!!! Unfortunatly everything loses value. You'll be best going for a 1000R out later as these have better equipment. There's a few faults with stock machines like the fans, overheating etc but it's an easy cheap mod and you will never regret buying an MV. I had a 998 Ducati for 3 years as this was my dream bike but then I started working selling F4's and I was converted forever now I'm a proud owner of a F41000R and I never look back :0)
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 06:28 PM

Just like expensive cars, they plummet like mad when compared to something dirt cheap.

They need to be cheap for the masses to be able to afford them and the masses buy cheap bikes on the used market.

They are an awesome bike to buy used because of the savings. They are a shit of a thing to buy new because of the depreciation.

IMO they are a bike that you keep and never sell. I had an F4 and i regret selling it despite it being crippling to ride. Such a nice looking bike!
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 06:43 PM

Ha - so the later machines have a better equipment - well that can be debated , they may have better brakes and a few more ponies like the earlier machines but do yourself a favor and search through this forum . I for one prefer earlier bikes , ( 05-06) You can get one in great shape for a very reasonable price. Generaly, thy are well look after bikes so find yourself what you like and enjoy !!!

Last edited by Nicolino; 07-27-2010 at 07:03 PM.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 07:22 PM

Welcome Capo,
After riding Ducati's you'll love the MV's. Totally different bike in so many ways but just as thrilling.
I'd go for at least a 1000R. There are some awesome deals out there on good low mileage bikes especially since the new model has been released. Most of these deals will still have more room for negotiations.
As others have said, search through this forum and you find answers to everything you can imagine.
cheers

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Cyber SPOTTER

Welcome to the forum Capo.

You should have titled this thread 'Close to A Decison' those words work wonders around here That's an inside joke but if you look at that thread - you'll soon get it

As for the cheap prices - that says one thing to me - buy! buy! buy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 08:43 PM

Get a 2007 or above so you can have the radial brakes and lighter wheels.

Oh and welcome to the forum.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 PM

Nice try Kawi!!!
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
Nice try Kawi!!!

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
Nice try Kawi!!!
Doubt it, look at his join date.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode