Michelin Power Pure tyres fitted - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Michelin Power Pure tyres fitted

God I wish I'd had a camera. I'm in the tyre shop, me on the bike and the two old boys going at the rear axle nut with a 6ft breaker bar that went out the door and into the street. Laugh, I nearly shat myself!

Anyhoo, got the new tyres on. The old qualifier II's were shot and although they'd been good to me, I did fancy trying these new lightweight wonders.

Riding into work this morning (going very easy on damp roads), they certainly feel a whole lot more nimble... than the squared of remnants I had on before (so not a fair comparison).

I'll share some thoughts once I've finished scrubbing them in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 11:09 AM

nice one.
Yeah, let us know if you can really feel the difference in weight Vs the Q2s.
Also, will they stick the same in hot conditions...Michelins have a tendancy to become slippery when it gets really hot..which is quite paradoxical.

post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 11:18 AM

Keep the tire pressure at 33-34 PSI range and they will serve you well.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Early report (Still scrubbing in, so they've not been at full pace yet):

Very nimble. I've had great fun zipping on them the last couple couple of days (riding in town). The bike changes (and then perfectly holds) position with the slightest of efforts. They're pretty stable under hard-ish breaking too.

It's surprising to find that the rear's already been all the way over on the right side - much more of a shoulder than the dunlops which wrapped further around the carcass. I'm wondering if that's going to cause a handling issue at what I'd normally consider full lean, or whether the carcass naturally deforms as it goes over to manage that side of things.

Grip-wise they warm quickly, and possibly have a touch more grip when cold than other pure sports tyres (Using qualifier II's as the direct comparison there). Again, having not really pushed them yet I can't vouch for the extremes of performance.. but I'm beginning to think it could be good.

More on this soon
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 02:46 PM

I agree ^^^ great tires and worth the price.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Established Member

I have my Pilot Pure's at a much lower PSI 30/30 because they felt numb at 33/33.
Careful with these tires as they are much raved about but mine truly didn't come in until I had 700mi on them. Now they are sticky but prior to that they were pretty numb feeling & higher pressures were just even less feeling. Keep in mind this is on a Duc 1098 but sport bikes are sport bikes.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 03:48 AM

Some S1000 owners swapped to the Pure, one swapped staright back again to Metzelers, he reckoned the front tread pattern (the two lines close to the centre of the tyre) caused the bike to follow road imperfections??

I want some one to tell me these Pures are very good, as paying for racetec interact K3 (street version) at 330 a pair is expensive

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 AM

Mike, I also experianced the front tire following road lines on my pures, but only on 1 road! I guess that road is really fucked up. But it wansnt because of the threads towards the middle of the front tire, it only did it when the bike was straight, not when slightly leaned (which is when those threads would have been square with the road) It didnt bug me a bit. The tires grip, handle and heat up like a dream! And at $300 (USD) delivered to my door for the set, I cant complain!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
Mike, I also experianced the front tire following road lines on my pures, but only on 1 road! I guess that road is really fucked up. But it wansnt because of the threads towards the middle of the front tire, it only did it when the bike was straight, not when slightly leaned (which is when those threads would have been square with the road) It didnt bug me a bit. The tires grip, handle and heat up like a dream! And at $300 (USD) delivered to my door for the set, I cant complain!
Thanks for that, the bloke I got my Metzelers from had them on his, I think Suzuki 1300 naked, he said the front was skittery, oddly enough one S1000 owner who tried Pures swapped back to Power 2CT and reckoned they suited the bike better..odd when the Pure is it's replacement

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 11:13 AM

I had the best grip on the track with 29psi front / 31 psi rear. Great tyres!

__

MV F4 1000 S Red/Silver
HUSABERG FS 570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode