MV Agusta Passion - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

MV Agusta Passion

Recently I have been thinking of selling my 2004 F4SR. Rated at 146hp it is one of the highest rated 750s ever to be produced. I was smitten the day I was intriduced to the MV brand back in 98 and only came to buy one when the company decided to move up to the 1000cc mark. I admit I used to steal into the garage, a cup of hot tea in hand and stare at her for long periods of time (okay, okay hours!). Stunning lines...exquisite craftsmanship...and a design that seemed to me flawless which has also proven timeless. Enough of all that touchy feely stuff...

Now that I am deployed the entertainment here is a bit sporadic. last night one of the guys managed to hook up to youtube. I asked him if I could use his computer. I remembered vaguely that someone had posted a "Twist the Throttle" MV documentary. I learned more on there than I had ever known about MV. The shear time spent on these machines in assembly. The passion that goes into each and every one. The fact that every motor is run at its max proir to allowing it out of the factory. 11 hours just to assemble a motor. Tambo spent hours designing and perfecting pieces we can't even see unless we were disassembling the bike! That documentary was exactly what I needed to see. I am happy to say that my MV flame has been rekindled and that my MV will remain with me alongside its stablemates: Benelli Tornado Novecento Tre Limited Edition number 150 of 150, my 1987 Honda Hurricane 600 (my first bike) and my 2003 100th Anniv Harley Davidson Road King Classic in silver/black. All of them represent different eras and genres. Different passions and days gone by. All hold special places.

If you have not watched that documentary I highly recommend you do. Should be required viewing prior to purchase and prior to selling! Anyone else watched it and reconnected with their MVs or had similar experiences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Also, having said that i would like to maintain the originality of my SR. I am looking for a set of silver F4 bar ends and have no dealers near me. (One has a tiny nick in it from touching my garage wall.) That, and I am deployed at the moment. If someone that is near a dealer and could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
John
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:53 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Yes I've seen the documentary - in fact, someone has kindly uploaded it on this site but I am to lazy to search the threads

I can't say I've had that experience as to me MV and breathing are pretty the same thing.

I measure the joy my MVs by not how many breaths I take when I see them but rather by how many breathless moments they've brought into my life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 08:36 AM

Agreed,
The more I 'learn,see & ride' and more I love it, and also the more I appreciate just how lucky
I am to be able to afford and own one of these masterpieces....

Cheers
Matt

Currently : mv1000f4 312r, Ducati 750ss (95),and previously...gsxr600 k1, yzf1000r, ducati 900ss, ducati 600m, yzf750r, cbr600f, xt600, gpz900r, nsr250sp, kr1,
cagiva mito 125 (lawson replica), rg250, z250, cb350 (Four)...and counting...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 03:16 PM

I have owned or ridden most bikes from the original Bonneville through Jota´s, Katana´s, Kawasaki triples etc. Now own and ride a Hayabusa, 2 Gsxr 750´s, Fireblade and some off road stuff as well.
The bike that calls to me the most is my MV 750.
Something about it stirs the blood like no other. Selling the Fireblade to finance the winter rebuild for next years track days.
MV passion? I´ve got it as well.
Be careful it´s a drug.

oldnfast(ish) Racing towards old age

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode