07 1000R or 06 1000S - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

07 1000R or 06 1000S

Ok I am in the market for one of these beauties and have been offered the 1000R for 23000+tax or a 06 1000s for 18999. Is the R worth the 5K difference. I will be using this bike for the street only and have a Ducati 749S. Any help would be great. If the 1000R what is the color to get. If the 06 I would go with the red and silver. Is the new 1000R so much better and worth the extra 5K or would that be to have the best and newest.

Last edited by Cigarlvr; 09-09-2006 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarlvr
Ok I am in the market for one of these beauties and have been offered the 1000R for 23000+tax or a 06 1000s for 18999. Is the R worth the 5K difference. I will be using this bike for the street only and have a Ducati 749S. Any help would be great. If the 1000R what is the color to get. If the 06 I would go with the red and silver. Is the new 1000R so much better and worth the extra 5K or would that be to have the best and newest.
Will your dealer allow you to take both on a demo ride? That's the best way to decide. Also, $19K is a good price for a '06. I got mine for $20K + a $600 jacket.

Also, the R also comes in Red/Silver but has a bit more red in the silver section. There's a picture in the gallery.

Here you go:
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 09:12 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigarlvr
I just bought a black/mono 1000R. I didn't consider a 1000S at all. I bought the R instead of a Senna. But... $19K is a good value for the '06.

Color is subjective, but my obvious preference is black. There is NO BAD MV choice. Glad you're getting one. Love the Duc, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 10:23 PM

The "R" has my vote!!!

The "R" has my vote!!! And red...Ooh la lah!!!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:09 PM

Appearance... Haven't come across an MV color combination causing more weak knees and increased heart rates than the red/silver with the silver star wheels. An MV F4 with a routine color combination or routine black wheels or fruitful colors (As models since have looked) could offer twice the performance of this F4 1000S and I wouldn't get it.

Performance... Egads, the F4 1000S offers more performance than just about any mortal can handle. You plan on 170mph+ on the road? Want to drag other bikes from stop lights? Zzzzzz. A thinking person notes even the 1000S is waaay overkill.

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:20 PM

Sfarson...

You sure do make a very strong point!!!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 11:35 PM
Smile

This is a very interesting question. As an 'S' owner who likes the trad Red/Silver, it might be easy to say, I'll keep the $5k in my pocket and buy an 'S', you can get a radial front brake set up for about $2K of the 5 you will have saved and the performance issue, as stated above, is fairly academic on the road. I think the question can only be answered by those guys who used to have an 'S' and now have the 'R'. I remember wondering whether I should go out and swap my 750 F4 for the 1000. Would I really need the extra performance etc. etc.? All I can say is I don't regret making that choice, so maybe it is worth the extra for the 'R'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 12:55 AM

In my opinion........

You have 2 choices....

1/ Get the 'R'

-OR-

2/ Get a jump on finding a corner in your house where you can comfortably lie in a Fetal Position.......

There is NO logic to owning an MV.

If the 'R' had silver wheels and (possibly) a red frame there is no way I would have chosen my Senna over a red and silver 'R'.......

However, I had no interest in the 'S', because I didn't like the front brakes...!

Performance issues are irrelevant. Performance issues are put in context the first time, on your favorite twisty road, some 19yr old gangbangin' kinda kid, passes you on the inside,- riding a'93 R6, on bald Cheng Shin tires...... hopefully it will be when you're hung up behind traffic!

On any modern motorcycle, ultimate performance comes down to your reluctance level.... reluctance to die!

I ride at about 80%. At 80%, I going WAAAYY the fuck faster on the Senna that any other bike I've ever ridden....... love it! Still get passed on the inside by gangbangin' kinda kids on old R6's... but now it's aways when I'm stuck behind traffic...

My suggestion: Get the 'R'
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 01:11 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
My personal opinion is that If you have not money difference of problem buy 1000 R.If You buy S,next year you will send it fo R.And next year,if you buy R You will forget the money spent.
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:24 AM

True the S is more bike than you ever need on the road....get the R!!! Red/Silver!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode