Quick shifter - why aren't these standard equipment??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Quick shifter - why aren't these standard equipment???

Just installed a quick shifter on my ’07 F4 1000R. I have Sato rearsets and adapted a Power Commander load cell into my shifter rod then wired it to my Microtech ECU. First ride was awesome!!! Not as flawless as the quick shifter that comes on a BMW K1300S, but riding it is fun. Once warmed up it shifts cleaner with the quick shifter than using the clutch. Sweet!!! Thanks for your help Chris (X-Bikes).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 11:53 PM

It should be smooth whether cold or hot, adjust the kill time in the ECU. And yes, it should be standard! It kicks ass!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 12:36 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

I guess everything can be standard equipment - at a cost. However, first thing people look at is the recommended retail price & then at the equipment level second.

From a business viewpoint you'll always draw in more people witha lower price, you then give yourself the opportunity to close or upscale.

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 01:19 AM

I so want a quick shifter for my Brutale. Roll on Xmas.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 01:28 AM

New Site Garage
Question Which Quickshifter?

What are you guys using. I use DynoJet, can only change cut-off time for all the gears at once, does anybody have the software where you can change it individually for each gear? What times are you using, I think mine is now on 5m/seconds.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 01:51 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
What are you guys using. I use DynoJet, can only change cut-off time for all the gears at once, does anybody have the software where you can change it individually for each gear? What times are you using, I think mine is now on 5m/seconds.
I'm using dynojet as well, the stand alone version, each gear can be programmed individualy. I think time is aprox 30 ms. http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...k_shifter.aspx

Yes it should be standard equipment. So much more fun to drive.

“MV Agusta F4 2010 black / Aprilia RS250 / Ducati Panigale V4S.”
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 01:55 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
and who uses the clutch to shift?....and why? its not a tractor!

i use it for launch and making sure i get into neutral....

going up load the lever and for a nanosecond roll, off the throttle an iota..... you're there

going down load the lever and blip the throttle you're there

next thing you'll want is a fly by wire throttle.....look what that's costing Toyota LOL what's the number? $5,600,000,000....yeah i want more electronic BULLSHIT, put out as Betas, without being called that......remember Windows 2000? LOL

my Mother's Lexus RX-330 has bar none, the worst transmission/throttle control of any vehicle i've EVER driven.....its all electronically controlled....and its been in to the dealer 7 times in 11,000 miles for the transmission!

what the fuck is wrong with a throttle cable? costs zip and doesn't break....unless you crash and then thats a maybe

think the people driving the most powerful race vehicles ever built use electronic controls????

aren't allowed to!
they data log the fuck out of them,
but its 500 cuin, an overdriven 14-71blower, a full load of nitromethane, 2 Vertex-Scintilla MAGNETOS, a centrifugal lockup clutch that the crew has to use their brains to adjust for track conditions for 8,200+ more HP than Rossi has to deal with with all his electronic....BS

guess who is at the top of the heap?

a woman!....Ashley Force

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

do i want EBS? nope i know fueling, that pos can go, Edo Vigna invented the slipper clutch while at Ducati Corse, then he did the STM and now the EVR.....what do you think i'm going to use?

EVR! its mechanical and i can adjust it any way i want.....

Noel-theknurl

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 AM

Noel, you're a grump.

C'mon a top fuel dragster needs to open the throttle once, the return spring will close it if it snaps.

Technology marches forward embrace it.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 04:03 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
and who uses the clutch to shift?....and why? its not a tractor!

i use it for launch and making sure i get into neutral....

going up load the lever and for a nanosecond roll, off the throttle an iota..... you're there

going down load the lever and blip the throttle you're there

next thing you'll want is a fly by wire throttle.....look what that's costing Toyota LOL what's the number? $5,600,000,000....yeah i want more electronic BULLSHIT, put out as Betas, without being called that......remember Windows 2000? LOL

my Mother's Lexus RX-330 has bar none, the worst transmission/throttle control of any vehicle i've EVER driven.....its all electronically controlled....and its been in to the dealer 7 times in 11,000 miles for the transmission!

what the fuck is wrong with a throttle cable? costs zip and doesn't break....unless you crash and then thats a maybe

think the people driving the most powerful race vehicles ever built use electronic controls????

aren't allowed to!
they data log the fuck out of them,
but its 500 cuin, an overdriven 14-71blower, a full load of nitromethane, 2 Vertex-Scintilla MAGNETOS, a centrifugal lockup clutch that the crew has to use their brains to adjust for track conditions for 8,200+ more HP than Rossi has to deal with with all his electronic....BS

guess who is at the top of the heap?

a woman!....Ashley Force

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...26tbs%3Disch:1

do i want EBS? nope i know fueling, that pos can go, Edo Vigna invented the slipper clutch while at Ducati Corse, then he did the STM and now the EVR.....what do you think i'm going to use?

EVR! its mechanical and i can adjust it any way i want.....

Noel-theknurl
Geez Noel, interesting read I was seeing where you are coming from and coming around to your way of thinking BUT THEN you made a HUGE mistake.........you put a link to Ashley Force (which I clicked):

After that, I had absolutely no f....ing idea what you were talking about...................... something about clutches, electronics?????

My mind turns to how quick Ashley is with 7000 odd horses under her, how is a guy supposed to catch her? now that's question that needs pondering!

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 04:23 AM
Established Member

S1000RR comes stock with shiffter @ $22,000 AU

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode