F4 Loose bottom fairing? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

F4 Loose bottom fairing?

I ended up putting about 300 miles on my 2002 F4 last weekend (first ride since I've had it.) The bike is a blast! Only problem I've had is that bottom of the fairing is very loose??? The bottom two DZUS fastners are on the fairing, but not attached to anything on on the bike? Should there be? It's not bad when riding in town, but opening it up on the freeway causes it to flap around. any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Bronson

2007 910 R

ex's
2005 Tuono Factory
2000 748
2002 750 F4
2003 999R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 09:35 PM

none of the belly pan fastners attach to the body of the bike. they only attach to the side fairings. now, that doesn't hold true for the side pieces. in either case, there shouldn't be any flapping around. one thing...there should be more than TWO fastners on the belly pan...i think there are at least 7 total!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

you're right...

its actually 9 dzus fasteners, with the last 2 really not connected to anything. just talked to the dealer today and I guess that's normal.

thanks.

Bronson

2007 910 R

ex's
2005 Tuono Factory
2000 748
2002 750 F4
2003 999R
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 07:53 AM

Do you have a V-piece fitted below your single radiator, or around your second, lower one? (Depending on whether it's a 1 or 2 rad model.)

If that's missing it might cause the whole thing to flap about.

My bellypan feels unsecure if you grab and move it, but it certainly doesn't flap about while I'm riding.

Si
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 10:05 AM

I think he must mean the way the rear of the lower fairing moves in the wind, which is indeed 'normal'.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:37 AM

I pulled into a gas station a few weeks after buying my F4, coasted up to the pump. After shutting down, an elderly gent walked up to me and said "it looks like something is loose on your bike". Surprised, I thanked him, looked down at the lower fairing and checked the fasteners, nothing appeared to be loose while the bike was sitting.
When I restarted the bike I looked down and did notice some vibration from the very back section of the lower, just a little shaking going on. Since the bike was new at the time it was something that I had not noticed before.

This is just a trait of the motorcycle...nothing to worry about as long as your fasteners are set, turned and locked.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode