07 speed sensor?? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation 07 speed sensor??

Hello,
Where is the speed sensor located on a 07 F4?
My bike has this problem that after riding for a few seconds it just shuts off and blows the #1 fuse.
If it's not moving it will sit there and run with no problems but if it's on the stand and running and I rotate the rear wheel it blows the fuse and turns off. Rotate the rear wheel a few more degrees, change the fuse and it runs fine again as long as it's not moving.
I thought if I can disconnect the speed sensor and it doesn't blow the fuse, I have narrowed down the problem.
I'm new to MV Agusta land so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Speed sensor is at the engine drive sprocket, mounted in the engine cover. Easy to get to.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 01:55 PM

If the 07 is like the 08 then the speed sensor itself may be under the sprocket cover but the OEM connectors are further down and near the housing for the kick-stand. There are two or three OEM connectors visible in the area; just follow the wires to the speed sensor. To unplug the speed sensor you do not need to remove the sprocket cover. The diagrams in the service manual have not been updated for the 08 F4 and the 07 should be the same as the 08.

I can take a pic for you if you need it. It took me a while to find it as i was testing a new speedo healer type product and their directions and the service manual did not have the correct diagrams for the 08 model. The connector is easy to get to just remove the plastics. If you need to get to the sensor then follow Ed's advice and remove the sprocket cover
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help! Here's the update:
I pulled the clutch slave off and then th ecover to fiind that the speed sensor wires were chewed up by the chain and causing it to blow the number 1 fuse.
I repaired the wires, taped it up and all is good.
I called the dealer inmy area and a new speed sensor is $116. I guess I can always order one, the didn't have it in stock, if my repair doesn't last.
Another question, is there any info available on the procedure for tightening the chain on a single swingarm bike?
Many thanks!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 PM

try here http://my.agusta.us/

MV Ultra Take the ride!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the website!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael C. View Post
Thanks for the help! Here's the update:
I pulled the clutch slave off and then th ecover to fiind that the speed sensor wires were chewed up by the chain and causing it to blow the number 1 fuse.
I repaired the wires, taped it up and all is good.
I called the dealer inmy area and a new speed sensor is $116. I guess I can always order one, the didn't have it in stock, if my repair doesn't last.
Another question, is there any info available on the procedure for tightening the chain on a single swingarm bike?
Many thanks!
Why wait for your dealer to get one, and then pay $116, you could get one on ebay for a 10th of the price and you'd have it with in a week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode