Would you buy such a bike - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: Would you buy a two stroke super sport bike?
Yes. Immediately! 26 74.29%
No way!! are you insane? 9 25.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Would you buy such a bike

I've always been fond of two stroke engines. The sound, the way they rev, the great smell of burned two-stroke oil... Back in the days of Kevin Schwanzt, Wayne Rainey, Eddy Spencer and Randy Mamola I was glued to the TV every GP, never missed out on the TT of Assen.

As of now for me there is no point in owning more than one bike. I feel I drive the ultimate street legal sport bike. If however a new and modern two stroke, 4 cylinder, 500 cc ultra light race bike squeezing out 180+ HP would hit the streets I would buy it in an instant. Would any of you?

Since the designer had clearly taken a good look a the MV I felt I could post the picture (although it's a Yamaha)
Attached Images

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:01 AM

yuuuukk!!!

~Serge~
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Back in the early 90s I was privvy to riding the Suzuki RG500.
Totally gutless below 7000 rpm and a monster above that. Downright scary experience and lethal in the wrong (inexperienced) hands. Maybe such bikes could be made friendlier with current electronics and tire technology, however, they would still be more than most of us could handle.

Ik heb gesproken.

Yves
Fort Worth, TX
Bend, OR

2010 Ducati 1198R Corse LE
2008 MV F4 312R (RG3, X-Bikes ECU,...)
2005 Ducati 999S
2004 Ducati 998S Final Edition
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 AM

In a previous life i had the experience of riding the Kawasaki triple 750 H2....

There was a damn good reason why they where called "the widow-maker" scaringly fast on the straight, just don't try and corner with it.

Willy
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 10:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
yes for sure nice bike

01 MV AGUST F4S 750 RED/ SILVER (TRADE IN) (no more)
07 MV AGUST F4 1000 BK/WHT (No more)
2010 MV AUGUSTA F4 stolen 5/7/2013
new 2013 Brutale 1090RR Wht/Gold
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:00 AM

I would take a different aproach. I would build a larger displacement version 800-1000cc, not try and tune if for power, but for a wide powerband and good torque. I would look for about 150 hp in a 300 lb wet package...
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobP View Post
I would take a different aproach. I would build a larger displacement version 800-1000cc, not try and tune if for power, but for a wide powerband and good torque. I would look for about 150 hp in a 300 lb wet package...
That power to weight ratio is what i had in mind to. Although I'd like the engine to be a 'screamer'..

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikV View Post
That power to weight ratio is what i had in mind to. Although I'd like the engine to be a 'screamer'..
A twin crank V-twin will give you a smooth and narrow engine. It will also keep the weight down because you basically have half the engine. Basically think of it as a big 250 GP bike!
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:37 AM

I'd be interested but I thought two-strokes were going the way of the dinosaurs because of tougher emission standards.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4 Singapore View Post
In a previous life i had the experience of riding the Kawasaki triple 750 H2....

There was a damn good reason why they where called "the widow-maker" scaringly fast on the straight, just don't try and corner with it.

Willy
I had one myself a 750 H2c, it was a lot of fun, the cornering was subjective, I didn't find it too bad but then most bikes of that era weren't too brilliant in that department so if you were a biker in those days and were still alive beyond your 21st birthday you must've been doing something right..

The poll only has two options, I'd probably opt for somewhere inbetween, i.e. I'd not be desperate to buy one but I would like to own one at some point in the future before I'm too old to ride it (or the F4 for that matter!).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode