My F4 demo ride on YouTube and some other videos - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

My F4 demo ride on YouTube and some other videos

Finally had the chance to get almost all of the demo ride uploaded:

Part I: Freeways.
Notes: Very good acceleration in top gear. Tried something similar with my 1198 in top gear around 80 mph this morning and it still bogs. I think 4th in the 1198 is about as quick as the MV is in 6th. Also, the MV is very stable at high and very high speeds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rr84mJ3MfA

Part II: Chevy Chase Drive, Glendale CA
Notes: Very light and agile and still very planted. I was able to carry the speeds I normally do in these canyons with more confidence than my 1198 because it feels so planted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2D59BvWbRY

Part III: Return to Pro Italia.
This wasn't included in the earlier videos I posted on the other thread. I did a couple of low mph acceleration test to see how flexible the F4's engine was. Not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiIVqHDMo1g

And some 1198 videos I just uploaded. This is from this morning. Same area as the MV demo ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylZkBjFK3rc

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 07-07-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 PM

How's the gearbox on that thing? Sounds like ya missed a gear and maybe a false neutral.
Part 3 Vid, low speed hard acceleration, was that lifting the front wheel?
When are ya getting one?

Last edited by bstar360; 07-05-2010 at 10:19 PM.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 11:45 PM

Allan, you need to stop torturing yourself and just get one.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
How's the gearbox on that thing? Sounds like ya missed a gear and maybe a false neutral.
Part 3 Vid, low speed hard acceleration, was that lifting the front wheel?
When are ya getting one?
This bike technically isn't a demo bike. It was a press bike and I had A LOT of problems with the shifter on this particular bike. Otherwise, it's pretty much like the old F4.

As for Part III, no the wheel didn't lift. I think I was only using about 1/2 throttle on those - just trying to get an idea of how the low end would be.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
Allan, you need to stop torturing yourself and just get one.
Hahaha. I know. This morning, I took my 1198 to Griffith Park and it's the first time I've been there in 13 years*. Not for a fast pace ride but just to checkout the place because I use to ride those roads when I first started riding when I was 16 (in 1987) on an Elite 250 scooter. Even at a leisurely pace, I noticed I was having some trouble on those roads. Maybe it was the dirt on the road, maybe it because a 160hp sport bike doesn't really like tight roads with a 15 mph speed limit, maybe I'm just getting old, or maybe because when I was 16 and faster, I use to crash there a lot...and I mean a lot.

But, since that MV demo ride, I keep thinking how stable the MV feels and how little feedback I'm getting from my 1198. I mean it steers very quickly - but isn't as communicative.

(Okay, so now my wife isn't hovering over my shoulder and I can get to the point.... ) I do plan on getting one and it will probably be in August - the 4th year anniversary of when I got my F4S. Just need to save some cash for it.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1j0uQ3kUlE
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 AM

Allan, you just need someone like me to convince you. Not to blow my own horn but I can sell an ice maker to a eskimo. Let me know when you head back to Pro Italia, Ill come and help you out

BTW, when you are in the area (Pro Italias area), go to the back and check out my bike, its the blue MV thats still in a million pieces, you will have to look at the exhaust to be able to tell its a MV. lol

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv2envy View Post
Allan, you just need someone like me to convince you. Not to blow my own horn but I can sell an ice maker to a eskimo. Let me know when you head back to Pro Italia, Ill come and help you out

BTW, when you are in the area (Pro Italias area), go to the back and check out my bike, its the blue MV thats still in a million pieces, you will have to look at the exhaust to be able to tell its a MV. lol
That's strange. I was there yesterday and they had a lot of blue parts which I thought were for an MV on a table with a 50% off sign. No one was buying it because most of the bike there are all red.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 01:14 AM

LOL, good one! They are waiting on parts to come in so they can finish her up. I was there friday and they had a box full of parts from MV and the service manager said it could be my parts, but the stock room guy was at lunch so he couldnt open it. Im going to call them tomorrow and bug 'em a bit, lol.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 11:52 AM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
man how come i can't see the video on youtube?

01 MV AGUST F4S 750 RED/ SILVER (TRADE IN) (no more)
07 MV AGUST F4 1000 BK/WHT (No more)
2010 MV AUGUSTA F4 stolen 5/7/2013
new 2013 Brutale 1090RR Wht/Gold
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher203 View Post
man how come i can't see the video on youtube?
I can't either

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode