Hey EricV - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Hey EricV

Punisher and MV2envy measured the spacing on their rearsets and came up with the same measurements, 2010 and earlier models. You had stated in a earlier post that they were different. Can you elaborate? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 11:09 AM

Yup, we both came up with 88mm C2C bolt spacing. Looks like any rearset from earlier MV's will fit 2010's. It didn't make much sense for MV to change it if they were after cutting costs.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 04:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to ErikV
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlance View Post
Punisher and MV2envy measured the spacing on their rearsets and came up with the same measurements, 2010 and earlier models. You had stated in a earlier post that they were different. Can you elaborate? Thanks
Hi Iam, I must say that it was my dealer that stated that the pegs were different. MV sells different pegs for the bike too. Could it be that although the holes are alike for as far as the distance is concerned that they are under a different angle? I'll go to my dealer tomorrow to have my tank replaced and have the recall done so I'll ask him and let you guys know.

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 04:48 PM

Angle is the same, and if it was different, it would be a moot point because most people are going to replace theirs with adjustable ones, so you could adjust it up/down/in/out to get the proper angle.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 09:01 AM

Just came back from my dealer. New tank, new tank pad and updated filter (one of the 66). Anyway we spoke again about the foot pegs and they do fit from the previous models so I've misinformed you guys. Had a bit a a blast today and I can tell you that there hardly is a thrill that beats full throttle shifting at the red line....

“When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.”
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 10:52 AM

Erik, QuickShifter? I had it on my Jap bike and loved it, now Im installing one on my MV.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 11:48 AM

Yes. I had a Dynojet quickshifter installed when I bought the bike. It shifts sooooo smooth. The bike is much more controllable. It's totally integrated in the wiring of the bike.
Attached Images

Last edited by ErikV; 07-03-2010 at 12:10 PM. Reason: picture
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 12:52 PM

You mean its not connected to a Power Commander V?

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 01:32 PM

No. It's a standalone version.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 02:45 PM

Ohhhhh, thats right, they have a stand alone Quick Shift module now, forgot about that.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode