Indicator lights permanently on - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Indicator lights permanently on

Hi

Im after some help, my
Indicators lights are permanently on and when trying to start, turns over, but does not fire up. Im not sure if its the bike (F4 1000) or the alam (Datatool S4 red fitted) ? Ive checked all the fuses in the fuse box and the battery is new.

Tried searching, but can't find anything similar.

Cheers for any help.

My gallery:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I have the same set up. 1000S + Datatool S4, but I don't recall my bike ever doing that. You say the battery is new, but is it fully charged? Is the starter turning over quickly when you try starting or is it labouring? If you have access to a multi meter I'd check the voltage at the battery terminals as a 1st test.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Cheers for the reply. The battery is fully charged. It just turns over, but does not fire. All four indicators are on and the indicator light on the dash is lite. I think once this is resolved, it'll probably start.

My gallery:
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Here's a few more things you could try:

Is the remote alarm fob working OK? i.e. do you get the indicators on the bike flashing 'normally' when you press the buttons on the fob?

Re the bike itself, can you hear the fuel pump, (in the bottom of the tank) priming when you switch on the ignition and does the instrument panel go through it's check routine when you switch on?

There is a fuse behind the LH side panel (opposite side to the main fuse box) which protects the starter relay, the relay should have a spare fuse on the opposite side to the fuse in use, have you checked that one is OK?

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 PM

I had this on my 750S with the datatool alarm.. not sure it was the same as yours...
after a few hours in the shops, the phone rang "we want to remove the $#%& alarm!"
and after they did, no problems!
I have also had a problems with bad connections around on the bike... soldering broke in the joints because of water in the joints under the insulation..
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Ok, from a USA guy who admittedly doesn't "get it". Why do you all have these data tool do-dads associated with your bikes? I keep reading thread after thread that ends with: "and I removed the Data-F ing-Tool and the problem resolved". WTF O?

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
Ok, from a USA guy who admittedly doesn't "get it". Why do you all have these data tool do-dads associated with your bikes? I keep reading thread after thread that ends with: "and I removed the Data-F ing-Tool and the problem resolved". WTF O?
very good point. Mine was fitted on the bike when new and cost 250 I think. At the time, due to my ignorance of alarm systems, i thought it was a good idea.

When i was stuck at the side of the road in Eastbourne and the bike wouldnt turn on I thought it was a bad idea. Apparently the data tool alarms are the worst on the market and they are the only ones which are affected by other signals being transmitted in the air, such as WIFI networks. I could never disarm my bike in the garage at work because there was way to much air 'traffic', i had to push it outside and disarm it there. Ridiculous. The alarm is now about 600 yards of the coast of Eastbourne.

Back to your problem though - The indicators being stuck on sure sound like an alarm problem and Id bet my bottom $ on the fuel pump not priming as its still armed. Check the keyfob is still sending a signal out, you can do this by pressing the button in front of your camera phone, the camera phone picks up the IR light and this is visible to the human eye through the camera. If you cant see any lights flashing then the batterys flat.

You can also disarm the alarm by using the keys in the ignition through a process of turns and holds, although you may need to set this up once you have disarmed it. well worth doing.

It may be worth trying to reset the alarm system somehow. Maybe if you disconnect the battery for a while and then reconnect it it might want to jump into life then?

Good luck.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the help, i'll give your suggestions a go in the next couple of days.

My gallery:
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
In parts of the UK it can be difficult / very expensive to get insurance unless an alarm is fitted. Datatool is one of the few alarms thatare approved by the insurance companies.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 07:18 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Thanks for that Harvey! There should be a better option than Data Tool, not that there is, but there should be.

Gapalicious 2020 at
from Sept. 23-Sept.27, 2020

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode