Brembo conversion - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Brembo conversion

Hey everyone.

I've been seriously considering the brembo conversion for the front of my F4. What I am specifically looking to do is to change out the fork lowers to the radial mount and then get the brembo cast 4 pad radial calipers. I am just curious if anyone has done this already and how they feel about it now, brake feel, stopping power, cost of a shop changing out the components, etc....

Please help me out here. I know it's a lot of $$$, but for 22K bike, this should have been the setup from the getgo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:11 AM

You may want to contact Motowheels, http://www.motowheels.com/index2.html or
MotoCorse, http://www.motocorse.net/index2.htm

Bimota SB6 #028 (sold)
Ducati 998R #723 (sold)
F4 Ago #269 (sold)
F4 Tamburini #86 (sold)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 04:04 AM
Established Member
Hey f4&more,

You are very smart- this is THE modification!! As you may very well know these bikes have a rather odd front brake feel.. I always felt that my machine had a lot of braking power, it was always there when I needed it but I just did'nt care for the amount of lever travel and the strange "softness" that I felt before they really started to grab...Most folks change the master cylinder to remedy this but it is not where the problem lies- You will LOVE your front brakes if you upgrade to new fork bottem's and the Brembo's, you really dont have to change the M/C. I think Motocorse has a set but they are outrageous $$$$. They also do not retain the hinge/swingout axle clamp, not a big deal but I just like the little "endurance" racing components that M/V takes the time to fabricate for us. The Febur pieces keep the hinge system, they are made in Italy and they are not very expensive. I have 100mm unit's but I am pretty sure they make 108mm so if you want to source out some total overkill race spec Brembo's you should go for the 108's. That being said- I have the same garden variety Brembo 4-pad caliper's that you can find on a Ducati "999r" or Aprilla "Factory" and I am almost positive that the new F-4R has the same caliper's as well. Although these caliper's are not very exotic, They are really quite good-in this case 4 pads and 4 pistons beats 2 pads and 6 pistons. In the last few years research has proven that 6 pistons do not offer any advantage over 4 so I dont think we will be seeing 6 and 8 piston lunacy anymore. A pair of brembo's like mine might cost 450$ to 650$ depending on the possible discount. I hate the company that I bought my calipers and fork pieces from {they are a very shady and bad company-and no it's not Cosoli, thats another shady and bad company} so I am not going to name them but they came as a set and the whole set cost about a 1/4 of what Motocorse wants for just the fork pieces, that should give you a hint. The braking power is tremendous!!! You will love it!! The new calipers combined with the massive 50mm fork legs gives you such late braking confidence- brake right up to the apex if you've got the ball's! Good luck F4&more, let me know how you make out.............Oh fuck it- what do I care, MOTOWHEELS! it's MOTOWHEELS!

-FBD

P.S. one more thing, be very cautious whith who you find to install these part's, make sure that they have done this upgrade before so that they dont "learn" on your bike....Whose that guy in Santa Barbera with the silver 750?-NEVERMORE think, is that his name? He's got someone doing this exact mod right now, its in your best interest to find out how he is fairing perhaps you could have whomever he has found do some work for you..Only if he is happy with them, of course.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 08:03 AM

Great info. I am also thinking about doing this to my Brutale.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
WRITE TO:
www.pasomotor.com
He send all the world.(write you are a Guerrini Pier Luigi friend,for better price )
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode