EVO 3 mono - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Vatoloco
EVO 3 mono

hi, im new to the fourm but im a huge MV fan. im lookin at buying a EVO 3 this is mono and the dealer tells me about 15 made in into the us and most are bi anywyas can someone please give me some more info. im ready to jump and buy it and anyone one else how does it ride compaired to the 1000's? i have a RSV R 02 we ride let me know thx

vatoloco aka eric

phx az
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatoloco
hi, im new to the fourm but im a huge MV fan. im lookin at buying a EVO 3 this is mono and the dealer tells me about 15 made in into the us and most are bi anywyas can someone please give me some more info. im ready to jump and buy it and anyone one else how does it ride compaired to the 1000's? i have a RSV R 02 we ride let me know thx

vatoloco aka eric

phx az
I really have no idea, but I would be suprised if only 15 2003 F4's were imported to the US. And most F4's I've seen are single seaters anyway. I know because I wanted a 1+1 but couldn't find one.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Smile

Hi Vatoloco and welcome to mvagusta.net. I used to have a Evo III 750 F4 before I bought my current bike, a F41000S. The Evo III is a great bike, the last evolution of the 750F4, only the SPR and the SR versions were more powerful. If the price is right I think it would be a great buy. My current bike is, IMO better all round, it's certainly more powerful and I enjoy being lazy with the gearbox which the greater power and torque of the 1000cc motor allows you to do. The 750 is perhaps a better trackday bike, more focussed and revvy, if you ride one well, they are very rewarding. Many of the guys here on the site, will I am sure give you the benefit of their knowledge and experience, which is considerable. Whatever you do decide to get, 750 or 1000, I don't think you will be disappointed. The in line 4 will certainly take some getting used to after your Aprillia, shame you can't keep both. Look forward to hearing what you decide to go for in later posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

All of the Evo series ive seen are 1+1's i have only seen one mono like this one. on ebay im including all the ones ive seen on ebay and in photos. ive seen a few mono 1000's

Quote:
Originally Posted by psperl
I really have no idea, but I would be suprised if only 15 2003 F4's were imported to the US. And most F4's I've seen are single seaters anyway. I know because I wanted a 1+1 but couldn't find one.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

part 2

John, Thanks for the welcome I really want the bike to put in my room even though my mother says other wise. Im only 19 but ive worked my but off,so my father gave me the go ahead and is willing to co-sign, even though im stubborn and i dont want him to. the aprilia is my fathers and mine we share it.he is trying to get the 910R in the mamba kit. I really want something to ride, to show everyone especialy my teachers in school who though i was a idoit (now im a Vw tech trying to be master certifed).
i dont like 1000's for everyday use. i like taking things slow then i shine kina like a butterfly,the dealer wants around $15k new what ya think??
thx

eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Hi Vatoloco and welcome to mvagusta.net. I used to have a Evo III 750 F4 before I bought my current bike, a F41000S. The Evo III is a great bike, the last evolution of the 750F4, only the SPR and the SR versions were more powerful. If the price is right I think it would be a great buy. My current bike is, IMO better all round, it's certainly more powerful and I enjoy being lazy with the gearbox which the greater power and torque of the 1000cc motor allows you to do. The 750 is perhaps a better trackday bike, more focussed and revvy, if you ride one well, they are very rewarding. Many of the guys here on the site, will I am sure give you the benefit of their knowledge and experience, which is considerable. Whatever you do decide to get, 750 or 1000, I don't think you will be disappointed. The in line 4 will certainly take some getting used to after your Aprillia, shame you can't keep both. Look forward to hearing what you decide to go for in later posts.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Smile

Hi Eric, As you can see from my details on the left, I'm in the UK and as such, I'm not familiar with MV prices in the States. We have lots of members at your side of the water (see registry) I'm sure some of those guys will let you know their opinions on the price very soon. I Like your avatar BTW, I drive trains for a living

Keep one wheel down!

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:55 PM

I don't think there was much of a difference beween the EVOII and EVOIII, right? I asked a dealer once and he said EVOIII were just California compliant.

That being said, I had and EVOII (2002) and a 1000 (2006). Handlingwise, they're very similar. The 1000 is a bit more comfortable but has a higher seat high. But the low end power on the 1000 is wonderful. The 750's lack of low end grunt was the thing I hated about the 750s. Actually, because of the low end power and slightly better ergos, I think the 1000 is a better street bike.

As for price, I do know dealers are offering 2006 MVs for $19,200 and some people here have gotten their 2000 MV for $9,000 to $10,000. Maybe that might give you some guidelines as to how much a 2003 750 should be. It's a new 2003 MV? Is the dealer Renaissance Motorcycles in Tucson? I heard they still have a new 2003 MV.

You know, if your dad's looking to get a Brutale, the two of you could probably work a good price on both a 2005 or F4S and Brutale.

Take a look at the prices of Beaudry Motorsports for Brutales and F4S:
http://www.beaudrymotorsports.com/cgi/bmsinstock.pl
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

evo 3

John, how much did you buy yours from. I think in euros it would be like $29 thousand euros,ill be sure to check out the other evo memmbers my dealer wants a lil below MSRP, i really want this bike so money isnt really a issue for me, AKA OVERTIME work, lol Good to talk to you i was planning to work for Union pacific or BNSF here as Enginner also,But i enjoy workin when i want to.

thanks
eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Hi Eric, As you can see from my details on the left, I'm in the UK and as such, I'm not familiar with MV prices in the States. We have lots of members at your side of the water (see registry) I'm sure some of those guys will let you know their opinions on the price very soon. I Like your avatar BTW, I drive trains for a living
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

910r & f4

Hey allan, here in Arizona people are @&^%$ to riders so i need somethin a bit torquie i was told the older 1000's are a bit slow on that. i love 750's im just scared of the 1000's for the street This aprilia was always beggin for more AND MORE power we never even got her in 6th gear yet lol. yes its the dealer in tucson and it is the new evo he has had for A WHILE, it was there when we bought are RSV R, i drive a car and its nice but when your out on a bike its somthin else

Gotta Go!

schools a callin thx everyone
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Smile

I don't think the price I paid for my bikes would be much use to you Eric. My Evo III cost me the equivalent of US $18,750, but at the time, early 2005, the 1000 model hadn't been out long and the 750 models still commanded good prices here. A new 1000S can now be bought here for the same amount of money as they are being discounted due to the introduction of the 1000R.

Keep one wheel down!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode