Front indicator bulb - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Front indicator bulb

Does anyone know where to get a front indicatior bulb, cannot find one anywhere. I have found 12V 5W capless bulbs but not the 10W ones which come with the bike. Is it ok to use 5W bulbs??

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 04:01 PM

Local auto parts stores dont carry them? try Ebay.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo2 View Post
Does anyone know where to get a front indicatior bulb, cannot find one anywhere. I have found 12V 5W capless bulbs but not the 10W ones which come with the bike. Is it ok to use 5W bulbs??

Cheers

Proper MV item required Im afraid. [Costs 11 a bulb in the UK!.]

I have tried several different bulbs & even had the automotive bulb company "RING" who are local to me try to source an alternative with no luck.

Any other capless bulb causes the indicator to stay on or flash like crazy even if it has the same markings as the original. Apparently this is due to MV using a different resistance.

If anyone else on here has managed to find a suitable replacement please please share, cause I always require a couple after a trackday has vibrated them to a pulp.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 07:29 PM

The OSRAM #2525 5W works fine and does not affect the flash rate, it's just not as bright. My 750 has had one in it for over four years now because I finally gave up trying to source a reasonably priced 10W. MV wants around $8 US for one and I'm too stubborn to budge and pay that, it's ridiculous. I had no problem spending 20K for the bike, but I will not spend $8 for a bulb!

Also, I think I used the license plate bulb at one point which works as well, but I forget the wattage. And come to think of it, I never replaced it because I really don't care if anyone see's my plate.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Established Member

I got 10 from eBay for about 3. They weren't the exact bulb, the contacts are different but just need gentle teasing with pliers to bend them so they contact. I tried normal 5w bulbs and they flashed too slow. I'll post you a link later today.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 10:17 PM

the 5w works as long as it's only 1 out of 4. it will slow your flash rate for that side.

I think CAG has some so you cold PM him. there are aftermarket LED kits available but you'll have to find somewhere to hide the resistors for it.

vesuvio would probably also have some available in their OEM section
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 05:36 AM
Established Member

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-G4-Haloge...item35a67d4a27

Here`s the link to the bulbs i used.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 05:45 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
I had the same problem some time age and couldn't find the correct bulb spec as the OEM item..

I bit the bullet and order them from MV in the end. Boy that hurt !

EMAIL :

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode