OK, I take back what I said about Western Service Extended Warranty! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

OK, I take back what I said about Western Service Extended Warranty!

Well, as some of you may know, my 05 F4S started smoking out of the exhaust. Based on the color of the smoke it pointed to buring oil.

So I dropped off the bike to Pro Italia 3 weeks ago for diag. The bike still had extended warranty coverage through Western Service Contract Corp but I was worried that they would find some bullshit excuse to not cover it.

So after 1.5 hours of diag time, they couldnt find the problem. I got a call from PI saying that the Western Service rep came in and suggested that they do 5 hours of additional diag time, but I would have to authorize the charges myself, they couldnt do it. But once the problem was found to be a factory defect, they would step in and cover all of it.

The first thing that came to mind was WTF? But since I didnt have a choice in the matter I said go ahead.

So fast forward to today. I got a call from PI saying that Western Service is covering everything! And since they couldnt decide whether it was the piston rings or the valve guide seals causing the oil burn, they are replacing all of it.

They are also paying to replace the upper fan blade (melted) with the Muzzys aluminum one. I decided to pay out of pocket to have them do the lower blade as well, not a big deal. The only other thing they didnt cover is the cost of new oil, again not a big deal.

So long story short, I am only out of pocket $100 for new oil and lower Muzzys fan blade on a repair that would have otherwise cost me well over $2000. Needless to say I am very happy with Pro Italia and Western Service for taking care of me.

If you guys are buying a new MV, consider the extra $400 for the 4 years of extended coverage (on top of the original 2 years) if its through Western Service. It might save you some serious money down the line.

The only thing that sucks is that I have to break in the engine all over again

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Good Info !!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 11:14 PM

Does the 4 year extension begin after the 2 year factory?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Yup! 6 years total! I'm covered until late 2011.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010, 08:07 PM

Nice result. Well done.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Thank you! Now I just have to wait for them to get all the parts in and Im in business!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:56 PM

Always good to get customer feedback for a service some of us may choose to use.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Yup, kinda the point of a forum. They also found a few other pieces that needed replacing not related to the oil consumption and paid to replace those, one being the cam chain tensioner or something to that effect. Bottom line...I will buy their extended warranty if I ever buy a new MV, sooo worth it.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode