A couple of noobie questions before I take the plunge.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

A couple of noobie questions before I take the plunge....

Hey guys, first of all MV agusta are sexy as hell! Now that I have that out of the way... I wanted to get one but before I did I wanted to get some questions out of the way. The bike I am looking at is an 02 Mv Agusta 750 at 6500 miles on it.

What are some of the common problems this bike has comming into this mileage range?

How is the maintence on this bike? Is it more expensive than most bikes? What are the intervals?

Is are there any paticular set of problems with this year?

What are some of the questions I should be asking before buying?

Any info you guys have would help a whole lot... I really want to get it, but dont want to be in over my head.

Thanks,
Noob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 08:44 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
6500 miles is not bad at all for an '02. There are no known issues common to that year. I have an '02, sort of, as a track bike. It has 12,000 or so miles on it with no issues.

You are coming up on, or are over due for a major service. The most difficult part of which is inspecting the valve clearance and adjusting if necessary. I would see if I could get the seller to get that done.

The most important question to ask is how much does the seller want for the bike. You didn't say. If you are in the United States, the bike is in excellent condition with no seriously expensive modifications, and he is asking more than $7500, that's too high.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 12:34 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

1st welcome to the Forum....

the one, CAG, that just responded to you is the parts wizard of MVs

as to your questions......use the search tool at the top of the page....

price wise, like Carl said $7,500 is high....

last fall i got an '05 with with $2k of brake stuff, including radial Brembos, the diagnostic tool and 48 lbs of spares for $7,800.....

its got 16,000mi on it, but on the other side of that, is the owner of the Aprilia Forum has a buddy with 2 MVs that are track whores and between they have 100,000 miles!!

Noel-theknurl

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode