My showroom time with the new F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

My showroom time with the new F4

I'm not ready to buy and not willing to trade my 1198 at this time so I didn't ask for a demo ride today. But here's my impression on the new F4.

1. I didn't like the heat shield is visible from from the lower belly's vent;

2. The weld on the exhaust (same as the old F4) didn't look too good.

3. The gap between the exhaust and tail fairing. It don't bother me as much as the other two but if I were nitpicking this would be one of the things.

4. The thing that bother me most, and maybe it's because I haven't ridden an F4 in a year, is that the F4 feels very wide and tall compared to my 1198 and an RSV4 that I tried sitting on. I didn't feel very comfortable on the F4 - which was very reminiscent of my old F4 because I never had any low speed confidence due to the seat height and top-heavy weight. At speed, I'm sure this won't be an issue but for the type of riding I'm now doing, I think the 1198 or RSV4's (or a Monster/Brutale )would fit MY needs better. I also noticed the clipons felt lower like the earlier F4 and not like my 1198's riding position. I tried an AGO they had in the showroom and the new and old F4 still felt very similar. BUT, this could be due to setup which can and will change.

5. Pro Italia had the red/silver and black in the showroom but I had chance to see their titanium/silver in the service bay and it's stunning! Honestly, I wasn't too impressed with the red/silver after seeing it constantly for the past 9 years but the TI version is very refreshing. It's a very classy looking bike.

Will I buy one? Eventually. Maybe late 2010 or early 2011.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 04:18 PM

+1 on everything you said. The seat felt really flat and wide for my taste. May not be a problem for taller/bigger riders.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 01:58 AM

Thanks for the comments and pics Allan. I'll be interested to hear your opinion when you end up taking one for a test ride.
The Ducati seat/riding position IMHO is far easier to get used to than the F4 (old 1078) so I wouldnt think that has changed dramatically on the new F4.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 09:31 AM

Wow, I agree with all of your points, but I do want to check it out myself. I wish Pro Italia was open today!
Did they say how many they have left to sell? I know they are getting 12 for the year and Ben told me that 6 had deposits on them. But that was a week ago. My heart was set on black, but that Ti is NICE!!! And different!

Thanks!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 09:41 AM

I think the new mv agusta is going backwards. It will be ofcoarse still a unique piece of italian passion when riding it but since they wanted to produce and sell more of these bikes at a lower price the build quality is less then the old F4's. It looks too plasticy and its missing just a bit.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 11:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to punisher203
Hi. Allen
as you know i boutht T/silver. i love the color and all other thing 1st it got me but after i ride for 2day.
didn't botter me at all.

Allen, this is Completely different bike . exhaust sound is loud and power OMG the POWER I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH POWER

i put 100miles yesterday with my girlfrined on back but i didn't feel she was on the back of me.
love love love the new MV F4

01 MV AGUST F4S 750 RED/ SILVER (TRADE IN) (no more)
07 MV AGUST F4 1000 BK/WHT (No more)
2010 MV AUGUSTA F4 stolen 5/7/2013
new 2013 Brutale 1090RR Wht/Gold
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnEyzR1 View Post
Wow, I agree with all of your points, but I do want to check it out myself. I wish Pro Italia was open today!
Did they say how many they have left to sell? I know they are getting 12 for the year and Ben told me that 6 had deposits on them. But that was a week ago. My heart was set on black, but that Ti is NICE!!! And different!

Thanks!
Yes, you should check it out because the TI is stunning even under the half lite service bayís florescent lights. The Ti is a metallic paint so it will have some metallic sparkle to it and the red frame seems to glow red hot. Itís very nice and definitely makes and impression.

I heard they had 6 deposits for their original allocation of 12. When I spoke to Rick on Saturday, he said not everyone who had put a deposit had returned Pro Italia's calls. So, Pro Italia was going to give them a few more calls and if not, the bikes will be available. When I talked to Mike on Sunday, he said 12 was there original allocation but they may be able to get some more. So, the impression Iím getting is that if you want an new MV, they can get you one Ė though it may take 2-3 weeks -unless the deal falls through on the ones they current have.

As of Sunday, they had 2 red/silvers, 1 black, and 2 Ti versions Ėwith the Ti versions in the service bay (and one didnít even have itís windscreen on yet). There was also a red/silver F4 outside with CA license plates. I donít think this was a customerís bike. Iím assuming it probably their demo. In retrospect, I should have asked for a demo ride.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickadelic View Post
I think the new mv agusta is going backwards. It will be ofcoarse still a unique piece of italian passion when riding it but since they wanted to produce and sell more of these bikes at a lower price the build quality is less then the old F4's. It looks too plasticy and its missing just a bit.
Mike (Pro Italiaís sale and finance professional) and I were talking about this yesterday. All of the details on the F4 are EASILY remedied with post-purchase parts Ėwhich would cost less than the 2009ís $25,000 MSPR. You rarely get something for nothing but MV has given new owners a price break and those who want upgraded parts and extra $6,000 to do it. The new F4 has only been hitting the showrooms within the last two weeks so MV is focusing on distribution. Give them some time and the upgraded parts will be available. Think of how many Harley Davidson remain stock after they leave the showroom.

I really wonít worry about the parts that are easily replaced. Iíd like to see how MV has resolved the mechanical issues Ė which isnít as easily fixed.

PS: Nothing on the 2010 F4 looked as bad as the fake carbon fiber plastic on the earlier F4 (pre-2005?).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher203 View Post
Hi. Allen
as you know i boutht T/silver. i love the color and all other thing 1st it got me but after i ride for 2day.
didn't botter me at all.

Allen, this is Completely different bike . exhaust sound is loud and power OMG the POWER I LOVE IT SOOOOOOOO MUCH POWER

i put 100miles yesterday with my girlfrined on back but i didn't feel she was on the back of me.
love love love the new MV F4
Did I mention I really love your bike! I appreciate it more after seeing the Ti in person.

I would love to get the new MV now but this is my personal problem. [I'M THNKING ALOUD HERE SO YOU GUYS MAY NOT BE INTERESTED IN THIS PART] I usually fit motorcycling into my schedule by using it to the places I go - and when I worked at Huntington Hospital (Pasadena), I justifed having the MV and Tricolore because I was alway riding canyons to work. For almost a year, I didn't even need or want my own personal car and used the family car when needed.

Now I'm working in Monterey Park (by the 60 and 710 freeway). It's not the best motorcycle ride (don't consider splitting lanes very fun) so I use my 1198 about once during the work week and then on Sundays (canyon roads to church - I love Southern California ). And, I think the 1198 would fit the places I ride to better than the new MV. (I mean, technically, a scooter, Monster or Brutale would be a more logical choice but if I'm going to risk my life riding a motorcycle, my "to ride" list will be very short). Also, I really like my 1198 (surprising more than my Tricolore). My Audi TT lease end in 10 months so that will be my opportunity to rearrange my the car and motorcycle line up.

So, this is what I've been wrestling with and now that I'm a "Family Guy", I can't be as implusive as I was in the past.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:26 PM

wow thank you 4 comments on new F4...i agree w/ you on these details that stick out...but bike looks stunning.

I never rode/sat on Ducati 1198/1098/848 so can't compare my F4 to them

~Serge~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode