MV F4 is a big P.O.S. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

MV F4 is a big P.O.S.

I haven't put 400 miles on my 312 since break in without something breaking or leaking. Here is the list
3 coolant leaks
1 oil leak
1 exhuast braket broken
2 turn signal problems
All in 4,600 miles
MV USA useless.
MV is a great bike to look at and that is about it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 PM

Have you tried contacting your dealer? I have found MV USA very helpful for both warranty and one out of warranty issue, but you need to go through your dealer. Bike is under warranty so you shouldn't have any problems getting it fixed. Complaining here won't get it done.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Established Member

Since Im such a nice guy, Ill take that POS off of your hands so it doesnt cause you any more problems. Ill even come pick it up so you dont pay anything to ship it to me. Please Pm me with your address, Ill call 5 minutes before I get there so you can leave the key in the bike for me.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Talking

MV Guy 12345;
i started to post, listen to RobP and not get all pissy.....i mean a turn indicator problem..... call out the National Guard.....

then you want to get it for zip......

white312inclt, since its such a P.O.S. your words, i put the periods in for you

what do you need for this useless POS, hell i'll give you something for it
got lots of stuff to trade with too.....hey, got a clean title in hand?

warning i'm old fashioned, been around this business a long time

as for the color, Mike Hailwood was a friend and his MV was red and silver..... the white kills the value for me, sort of sacrilegious, if you know what i mean.....
how could i even park it next to my F4?

i wonder if CAG has a full bodywork set....to be subtracted from the price obviously...

Noel-theknurl

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 06-16-2010 at 12:23 PM.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Established Member

Noel, not cool man, I called first dibbs on taking that POS off of his hands to ease his problems. Back off!!!

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 02:58 AM

don't be mean kids! White, are you willing to ship it, or is it a U.S only sale?

...People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs...
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 03:28 AM

New Site Garage

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 AM

Wait till your rear hub bearing craps itself, or your cams flake, or better still, your big end bearing No 1 lets go before 12,000k and you're off the road waiting 5 months for bits and you have to morgage the bloody house just to pay for the new crank, rods and shell bearings....

Malfunctioning indicators don't make your bike a P.O.S...........that will come later in ownership:-)

Tuffin' up.

VELOCEMOTO HD The Art of Italian Sportbikes on film.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 AM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up Too true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post
Wait till your rear hub bearing craps itself, or your cams flake, or better still, your big end bearing No 1 lets go before 12,000k and you're off the road waiting 5 months for bits and you have to morgage the bloody house just to pay for the new crank, rods and shell bearings....

Malfunctioning indicators don't make your bike a P.O.S...........that will come later in ownership:-)

Tuffin' up.
+1 on that.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 AM

Ja ack ja

I agree not about the POS stuff because I love my F4, I love getting on and hearing that low rumble at 4am when I wake up to ride to work. Sure there have been issues,, but so far MiamiDucati has been great, kudos to all there. Its like having a real hot looking babe who is a slob, I've seen those, they are so hot you can't let them go even though they key your bike, maybe its me whose the crazy one,

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocemoto View Post

Tuffin' up.

James M.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode