Picked up my 2008 F4, Finally! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 04:56 AM Thread Starter

Picked up my 2008 F4, Finally!

Well after waiting four months I finally picked up my 2008 F4. 300 miles on the clock so far.

1. This bike is heavy but that feeling goes away once you are moving
2. This bike is big, for a little guy
3. This bike hauls ass!!! rang the bell up to 8K once or twice in third and fourth, what will 9, 10, 11 and 12 feel like??? Holy Mother of sweet Baby Jesus!
4. The seat is tall for a short fella with 30 inch inseams, tip toes to touch the ground, once the bike is moving who cares?
5. The bars are way too low for me causing my eyes to cross trying to look up so I swapped the bars right to left and left to right, better but screwy, needs risers
6. This bike handles wonderfully
7. This bike does not burn my ass, still has stock exhaust mounted, I like the comfort factor of the back of the seat letting me know I won't go shooting off the back
8. This bike does not over heat with new water pump upgrade. hottest seen was 217F following a slow moving van uphill for a short period. Temp dropped back down as soon as I was moving again. Temp stays at between 185 and 201F, faster it is lower /slower it goes up
9. Three year old stock Dunlop tires suck ass, questionable grip, changed out to new Pirelli Dragon Corsas today. Bike came out of its crate in February of this year
10. This bike has the GP shift drum installed and shifts smooth as fresh butter
11. This bike has very little drive line lash, had to adjust the chain in short order after having it do its initial stretch.
12. Two finger front brakes, old stock front tire too hard so stopping quickly was a risky event, locked it up a few times. New fresh Pirelli meats now on the hoops will take care of that BS. Rear brake is typical minimalist.
13. Clutch is fairly easy on the left hand but clutchless upshifts with a light back throttle to unload the drive line are flawless
14. Smooth predictable fueling and power delivery, wonder what the fuss was all about? No clitches, no sudden abrupt surges
15. Minimal vibration from the engine to the bars, you can feel it but it just lets you know the engine is running and that engine feels good!
16. Stock exhaust growls, awsome! I can hardly wait to install the Arrow system!
17. Clockwork easy to see and read
18. Right rebound adjuster is hosed up with only eight clicks available where the left side has twenty something, warranty issue and an easy fix but the top of the fork has to come off. I will have this done at the first service next week. This should never have passed factory inspection.
19. Stock rearsets high but OK for short guys and can be adjusted downward, lots of ground clearance
20. Mirrors give great view of your elbows, do the Funky Chicken and raise your elbows, typical Italian, no problem
21. This bike is not a bike for putting around the city with, this bike needs to run. If anyone needs a city bike get a scooter, if I lived in a city I would have a scooter for putting around, they are a blast to ride
22. Ducati aftermarket Speigler footpegs fit the stock MV rearsets perfectly
23. Did I mention this bike hauls ass? This is the most powerful motorcycle I have ever ridden, huge balls! My 1098 is no slow poke but this bike would flat out smoke it.

I am still down in California playing around but will be headed back home to Montana next week and begin the transformation process from what this bike is now to even more.
1. Muzzy fans
2. Arrow full exhaust system
3. Microtec ECU from Chris at XBikes

I will post up again later after the changes.

If Adam and Eve were Chinese, we would still be in paradise
because they would have ignored the apple and eaten the snake!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 05:11 AM

Good too hear you enjoying your mv. Now post some pics will ya...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 06:24 AM

Welcome !
Glad to hear you are enjoying the new machine, and the pleasure will just increase with time as you
run it in and explore the top end...hang on!

These bikes are just AMAZING....

And re: your 1098 balls comparison, well my stock 312 smoked a 'not so stock' 1098 down the 1/4
no prob at all...

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Matt

Currently : mv1000f4 312r, Ducati 750ss (95),and previously...gsxr600 k1, yzf1000r, ducati 900ss, ducati 600m, yzf750r, cbr600f, xt600, gpz900r, nsr250sp, kr1,
cagiva mito 125 (lawson replica), rg250, z250, cb350 (Four)...and counting...
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 02:27 PM

congrats. What color? by the way, if you fit a new midpipe and bmc race filter it will sound even better and save you a lot of money. Mine dynoed at 165 with a PCIII and the above mentioned changes

Last edited by number2; 06-13-2010 at 02:30 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 PM

Thumbs up

Funky chicken

You get used to the F4 quirks, even love them.

Like Matty said, they are an awsome bike

Yea, we need pics
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 09:03 PM

Congrats on the purchase. Is this one of the extra fast black/white ones?

'07 MV Agusta F4 1000R
'97 Ducati 916
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 06:50 AM

Great to hear you love your new F4!!!
Just wait till you get the Chris' Micro-tek ECU installed.......You'll be gobsmacked with the improvement... "haul ass" just wont be enough to describe it.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Pictures

Well, I got home from the California trip and of course the first thing I do is start tearing into the F4. I have the Arrow system mounted, Muzzy fans installed and of course Chris's Microtec ECU hooked up.
I changed the oil as soon as I got the stock exhaust system removed with 535 miles on the clock.
I have been checking out the hole drilling in the stock mufflers but after hoisting those things off the bike there is no way they will ever go back on, if I can help it. Heavy is a mild discription of the stock cans.
Of course the first thing after I got everything in place was to check for any leaks and hear the first wonderful notes of the full exhaust. Much to my surprise the level was very civilized and not whacky loud but no doubt about it much improved. The engine does not sound choked up anymore, perfect.
The first time I racked the throttle up and then chopped it a two foot flame shot out of the blow holes directly at the work bench. I was very glad I did not have something easily ignighted on it. I have seen the You Tube videos of this flame on action but of course had forgotten about it.
The fans come on at 189 degrees F now instead of 207 thanks to the Microtec ECU and Chris's programing, I am sure this would help those with heating issues.
I will have to make up a plate holder, which should be easy for me, the stock unit won't fit with the Arrow cans. A simple matter realy but just one more thing to do before I can take it out on the road again.
I will have to finish all this great stuff at night because the outside of the house needs to be painted.
The bike idles at 1600 RPM now but Chris will walk me through the process of adjusting it to something a bit lower.
I love this bike!
Attached Images

If Adam and Eve were Chinese, we would still be in paradise
because they would have ignored the apple and eaten the snake!

Last edited by Sagerider; 06-20-2010 at 11:23 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 11:23 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerider View Post
Well after waiting four months I finally picked up my 2008 F4. 300 miles on the clock so far.

1. This bike is heavy but that feeling goes away once you are moving
2. This bike is big, for a little guy
3. This bike hauls ass!!! rang the bell up to 8K once or twice in third and fourth, what will 9, 10, 11 and 12 feel like??? Holy Mother of sweet Baby Jesus!
4. The seat is tall for a short fella with 30 inch inseams, tip toes to touch the ground, once the bike is moving who cares?
5. The bars are way too low for me causing my eyes to cross trying to look up so I swapped the bars right to left and left to right, better but screwy, needs risers
6. This bike handles wonderfully
7. This bike does not burn my ass, still has stock exhaust mounted, I like the comfort factor of the back of the seat letting me know I won't go shooting off the back
8. This bike does not over heat with new water pump upgrade. hottest seen was 217F following a slow moving van uphill for a short period. Temp dropped back down as soon as I was moving again. Temp stays at between 185 and 201F, faster it is lower /slower it goes up
9. Three year old stock Dunlop tires suck ass, questionable grip, changed out to new Pirelli Dragon Corsas today. Bike came out of its crate in February of this year
10. This bike has the GP shift drum installed and shifts smooth as fresh butter
11. This bike has very little drive line lash, had to adjust the chain in short order after having it do its initial stretch.
12. Two finger front brakes, old stock front tire too hard so stopping quickly was a risky event, locked it up a few times. New fresh Pirelli meats now on the hoops will take care of that BS. Rear brake is typical minimalist.
13. Clutch is fairly easy on the left hand but clutchless upshifts with a light back throttle to unload the drive line are flawless
14. Smooth predictable fueling and power delivery, wonder what the fuss was all about? No clitches, no sudden abrupt surges
15. Minimal vibration from the engine to the bars, you can feel it but it just lets you know the engine is running and that engine feels good!
16. Stock exhaust growls, awsome! I can hardly wait to install the Arrow system!
17. Clockwork easy to see and read
18. Right rebound adjuster is hosed up with only eight clicks available where the left side has twenty something, warranty issue and an easy fix but the top of the fork has to come off. I will have this done at the first service next week. This should never have passed factory inspection.
19. Stock rearsets high but OK for short guys and can be adjusted downward, lots of ground clearance
20. Mirrors give great view of your elbows, do the Funky Chicken and raise your elbows, typical Italian, no problem
21. This bike is not a bike for putting around the city with, this bike needs to run. If anyone needs a city bike get a scooter, if I lived in a city I would have a scooter for putting around, they are a blast to ride
22. Ducati aftermarket Speigler footpegs fit the stock MV rearsets perfectly
23. Did I mention this bike hauls ass? This is the most powerful motorcycle I have ever ridden, huge balls! My 1098 is no slow poke but this bike would flat out smoke it.

I am still down in California playing around but will be headed back home to Montana next week and begin the transformation process from what this bike is now to even more.
1. Muzzy fans
2. Arrow full exhaust system
3. Microtec ECU from Chris at XBikes

I will post up again later after the changes.

Congrats! 312R?

Glad to see a new owner not bitching for a change, but just plain old enthousiasm!

Nulla tenaci invia est via
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 01:00 PM

Congrats Sagerider! she looks great!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode