Impeller+engine ice=happy man - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Impeller+engine ice=happy man

Well
I have been testing this mod (warrenty work) and I have to say
that its like a new machine. I can now go where I want, when I
want.

I gave it a real test the other day riding down to an event on the g'coast and was stuck in terrible traffic on the hwy, I ended up
filtering thru at about maby 30-40km/h (traffic going maby 20-30)

Sure the temp was going up a bit, perhaps around 100-104C

Then ditched the high way and hit the other streets red lights etc,
think I hit 108 there somewhere.

Ended up riding down the bicycle lanes(as all the other motorcycles were) to get to the event, temps stayed under 108.

Max I saw was 112(flashing) whilst idling it into the show area to park it amoung the other bikes.

Very happy with this....

There is no way my bike could have made this trip before the upgrade without cooking, it would have cooked on the highway going that slow, not to mention the following slow riding.

This bike has been transformed.

Cheers,
Matt

Currently : mv1000f4 312r, Ducati 750ss (95),and previously...gsxr600 k1, yzf1000r, ducati 900ss, ducati 600m, yzf750r, cbr600f, xt600, gpz900r, nsr250sp, kr1,
cagiva mito 125 (lawson replica), rg250, z250, cb350 (Four)...and counting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010, 05:49 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmatty View Post
Well
want.

I gave it a real test the other day riding down to an event on the g'coast and was stuck in terrible traffic on the hwy, I ended up

Ended up riding down the bicycle lanes(as all the other motorcycles were) to get to the event, temps stayed under 108.

Max I saw was 112(flashing) whilst idling it into the show area to park it amoung the other bikes.

Very happy with this....

There is no way my bike could have made this trip before the upgrade without cooking, it would have cooked on the highway going that slow, not to mention the following slow riding.

Cheers,
Matt
Just my humble experience.

I installed a MV open midpipe and a set of RG3 exhaust and Eprom.
After this, no more overheating, maximum what I have seen on the road is 95C and that was after a traffic jam.
If I keep the bike idling in front of my house the temperature will rise until 103C and then cools down again.
And ofcourse you get some more HP out of your beautiful machine and better trothle response.

Just for the record, I am talking about degree Celsius, not Fahrenheit

MV Agusta F4S EVO3
MV Agusta SPR (crashed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
MV Agusta 350 Ipotesi
MV Agusta F4 1000 S (sold)
Suzuki GSX R 1000 (sold)
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 05:54 AM

The decat exhaust will make a further reduction in temps....as well as the muzzy fans. Mine can now sit idling on my driveway without breaking 104C

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

Wow,
Well it looks like I have only taken step 1...!

At least it is now ridable

Those other mods you guys did seem to have really worked wonders though....

Cheers,
Matt

Currently : mv1000f4 312r, Ducati 750ss (95),and previously...gsxr600 k1, yzf1000r, ducati 900ss, ducati 600m, yzf750r, cbr600f, xt600, gpz900r, nsr250sp, kr1,
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010, 05:32 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Great news matty,now you can ride your $30,000+machine with confidence through traffic knowing it will not overheat. My new 1078 was overheating too,when I had the first service I had 3 things done, 1/ Arrow RG3 full system/decat. 2/water pump impeller under warranty. 3/engine ice coolant, when I got the bike back 10 degrees cooler,great but thats 3 mods,which one did the trick,I dont know but it worked,then I thought I will go further to get temps down so I fitted Muzzy fans and made fan shrouds and I dont think they made any difference,but I am now really happy with the temp of the bike, I know the bikes were not made to handle traffic but when you pay so much money for a great bike I dont think you should have issues like this, sorry for the long story,enjoy your dream bike Matty safe riding Mitch.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010, 04:32 PM

New Site Garage
I'm seeing about a 15 degree (F) difference with MV High Output Impeller and Cover, Engine Ice, and Muzzy Fans.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"

Last edited by italia; 06-19-2010 at 04:35 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Let that be a lesson and easy fix for all.
Thanks

Quote:
Well
want.

Very happy with this....

Cheers,
Matt
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Well
that its like a new machine.
... ... ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
Great news matty,now you can ride your $30,000+machine with confidence through traffic knowing it will not overheat. My new 1078 was overheating too,when I had the first service I had 3 things done, 1/ Arrow RG3 full system/decat. 2/water pump impeller under warranty. ... ... ...
How did you manage to get the impeller under warranty?

I'm in Perth and trying to get get the same thing done under warranty...been dicking around with phone calls, emails etc with no luck...see the latest email below:

Sent: Tuesday, 29 June 2010 1:58 PM
To:
Subject: Fwd: RE: MV Agusta F4

See attached info from our Aust Distributor

Rick
Rick Gill Motorcycles
11-13 Main St Osborne Park WA 6017
Phone (08) 9443 3555
Phone (08) 9444 3618
Fax (08) 9242 1874
[email protected]

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Tue Jun 29 10:33
Subject: Fwd: RE: MV Agusta F4

Hello Rick, No doubt the forums go mad with chat, unfortunately the factory has the view that the impeller kit RDMT001079 is classified as a special part for previous model owners to purchase if they wish.
It will be std in the new 1090 models.
The std coolant that comes in the bikes does boil too early, all I can suggest is changing the coolant with Motul Factory Line coolant and adding 5% of Motul MoCool to it, that controls the temp during the red light stops where it would not drop coolant. Thats all we do with our demos and it seems to work.
The circulation is a bit slow at idle as the motor is designed to be revved, small 4,000 rpm revs while stationary also brings temp down 10 degrees on an average.
Muzzy in USA also offer alloy fan blades that draw 30% more air when stationary, even cheaper than the pump upgrade I believe.

Kind regards

Vic Martin

PAUL FEENEY GROUP
Vic Martin Technical & Warranty Manager
PO Box 2492 - Nerang BC QLD 4211 AUSTRALIA
Phone +61 7 5596 9011 - Fax +61 7 5596 6661
Email: [email protected]

Australian Distributor for Husqvarna, MV Agusta & Cagiva Motorcycles
www.husqvarnamotorcycles.com.au www.mvagusta.com.au www.cagiva.com.au

This email transmission is for the intended addressee and is confidential information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender. The contents of this email are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Paul Feeney Group Pty Ltd unless expressly stated otherwise

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

-jc-

Mate,
You are not the only forum member that is having dramas getting this under warrenty...

Myself and Mitchy both have the same dealer and both had it sorted under warrenty.

I simply advised them of this prob during my 1000km service and was told the usual 'yeah they
all run hot, its normal'...

Anyway, I thought otherwise and sent them a few e-mails detailing the problem and the conditions
whereby mine would run really hot, ie ALL THE TIME UNDER 100KM'H, and the temps I was experiencing.

I described seeing 120+ regularly, and even 130+ on one occasion.

The dealer apparently had dramas getting the impeller thru MV, however they said they kicked up a
stink and MV then came thru...

Hats off to my local dealer as they got the part, and filled it up with engine ice, total cost to me was $35, for the coolant.

They have also come thru with the new dash as mine is flickering around 4-5000rpm's.

You must be pretty pissed off about your level of service from the dealer/MV....Rightly so.

Good luck, they really should have better support than you are getting...

Cheers
Matt

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Established Member

Cheers Matt,
I've made a number of phone calls and emails...I haven't given up on it yet.
...it sounds like your local dealer may have gone to bat for you and values your business more than mine does...all that my dealer does is tell me that there's no problem and on-forwards my emails without any assistance.
I'm not losing sleep over it...after all it's not expensive, just annoying.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode