Deals available on new F4 in the UK - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Deals available on new F4 in the UK

Noticed that DK are advertising ''Ring for best price'' so I rang JFI of course! on the phone no pressure/no p/x £750 off straight away.

I find this rather sad that the bike has been out in the UK for 3 months and already it's being discounted

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM

The economy sucks. People are trying to move merchandise. A slim margin beats no margin and paying interest on the loan to keep the bike on the floor.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Still a little sad Rob, I didn't expect that until maybe next year, Alan said it's arriving in California next week, yet the UK are discounting.

Don't forget most dealers don't pay for the bike for up to 6 moths unless they sell it.

I don't think the bike has any issues, Steves seems to go OK when we are out, matching the BMW inch for inch on a roll on using the mid range rpm's

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 03:40 PM

Didn't Europen hit an economic crisis a few weeks ago? That may have more of an effect on the new MV's lack of sales than the bike itself.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 03:51 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
It's not too surprising that none have been sold from the Wellington (NZ) MV dealership. Last Saturday I asked when they would be getting the 2010 F4 in, the sales manager stated they were not making them yet and Harley Davidson were looking to sell Mv Agusta! Newsflash! This guy obviously is not a member of this forum......
I did tell him that several (literally dozens, according to Mikes post) have been sold in the U.K. and their release was imminent in the USA.
Looking at the expression on his face I don't think he believed me.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

In my local area there are 3 that I know of, there were even two parked next to each other at the one of the bike stops we frequent when out

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
It's not too surprising that none have been sold from the Wellington (NZ) MV dealership. Last Saturday I asked when they would be getting the 2010 F4 in, the sales manager stated they were not making them yet and Harley Davidson were looking to sell Mv Agusta! Newsflash! This guy obviously is not a member of this forum......
Steve got a similar response when he went in to order his after seeing it at the Milan show.
The sales chap showed him to the 'new' F4 (312 & 312RR) 'no, the all new one' replied Steve............blank looks all around, even though this was the week after the Milan show and it was also in MCN.
MV Dealers really need to up their game, or maybe it's MV's marketing from the top?
IMHO and experience, If I walk into a dealership and ask about a new model I EXPECT the sales person to know more about it than me, if he doesn't he has lost a sale, lets be honest this IS HIS JOB

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 05:13 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_castle View Post
I did tell him that several (literally dozens, according to Mikes post) have been sold in the U.K. and their release was imminent in the USA.
Looking at the expression on his face I don't think he believed me.

Sounds like Triumph NZ are telling the dealers what they need them to know! There appears to be a few new old bikes still unsold so pricing will be interesting.
Looking forward to seeing the '10 though, which according to Simon's man is not far off.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Still a little sad Rob, I didn't expect that until maybe next year, Alan said it's arriving in California next week, yet the UK are discounting.

Don't forget most dealers don't pay for the bike for up to 6 moths unless they sell it.

I don't think the bike has any issues, Steves seems to go OK when we are out, matching the BMW inch for inch on a roll on using the mid range rpm's
..you got it so wrong !!!.manufacturer /importer wont release from customs/tax agent until its fully paid for by dealer[at this point all applicable duties/taxes are paid..dealer will normally have a floorplan arangement with a finance company/bank in place so that distributor will invoice direct and dealer receives goods.usually a set minimum floor plan charge exists[eg $100 for putting it on and invoicing dealer} with an additional payment when finalizing {eg. $50 for paperwork etc}plus interest charges accrued daily.these interest charges must be paid every month !! ...a small margin, say eg 1-3% is usually built into the actual dealer invoice cost to help cover advertising and floor charges,separate to dealer margin..depending on the importer/distributor..dealer may wait 60/90 days for this payment.works fine if things are ticking over but if its slows down interest charges accrue and the depending on the policy of your financier you may have to outlay all your own cash.say as eg. request you cover say 20% of cost if you have it on floorplan for more than 6mths and.pay it out 100% if you have it 12mths !!..reason is usually to lessen the exposure of finance co. to old or dead stock if dealer falls over....hj

..another year down!!,just two to go...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeamv View Post
..you got it so wrong !!!.manufacturer /importer wont release from customs/tax agent until its fully paid for by dealer
Remember mike is from the U.K. and is stating circumstances of U.K. dealers!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode