wiring up the intergrated tail light - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

wiring up the intergrated tail light

Hi Guys

This has probably been asked before, have done a search which produced no results.

I have recently purchased the above tail light.
But left it wear our 18 month old wiemeraner pup decided that it might taste nice.

So I was left with a lot of bits of chewed paper, luckily only 1 chew mark on the back of the light and some on a white connector block.

Trying to look at the instructions they seem to be for a sv suzuki ?
I have wired them up as direct replacement from the original but they do not flash just blink once .
I have not fitted the relay and connector block supplied as the dog had the instructions.
Any help or diagram much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Are these the LEDs with the integrated blinkers? If so, you will see two yellow wires from the back of it. Each yellow wire splices into the hot side of each of the blinkers. You should have a fitting that replaces the stock bulb for running lights and brake. This plugs directly into the wire harness where the old running/brake light fitting did.

You may need to use the relay they provided. Remove the stock gray relay located on the left side of the bike next the starter solenoid, below the fuel tank and use the one they supplied.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 AM

Cool Taillight

Cilicaman,

If it's a Clear Alternatives unit, I've still got all the paperwork that came with mine. If it is, I can scan it and e-mail it to you.

Gotta agree with CAG regarding the relay, as my bike did the same thing until I installed the one that came with the kit.

You need to "relocate" the plate as well...

Al

'07 F4 1000R 1+1
A turd
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 AM

Left side, middle relay, I think! you will have to change it to get them to blink, or at least I had to
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 09:13 AM

Also, be very carefull when screwing in the new light, there have been horror stories of people screwing them in too far and the screws damaging the tail unit! Some lights don't come with the gromets to stop the screws going in and these should be taken out of the originals and used in alternatives. When I did mine, I searched on this forum and found some very helpful info, MVAgusta.net to the rescue once again for me!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 09:34 AM

I think they are Junk!..just put one on mine and the connection as far as the modified bulb you screw in to factory socket doesn't maintain a good connection running light and brake light work intermittently depending on which way you wiggle factory wires going into back of socket....put the oem bulb in everything works fine!..guess I could use it for target practice!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the response guys
Will try this out at the weekend.
Dave
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 PM

I cut the dummy bulb plug off ran the wires through the factory socket soldered the wires heat shrunk and works perfect perfect now plus it looks factory now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode