Hi from So Cal! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Hi from So Cal!

Hi!
I'm Kim, I live in Southern California. I have been riding street bikes for 18 years. Just got into my first accident in March. Drunk driver hit me and left, but my husband chased him and got him to stop. (Kept doing donuts around him until the police came) The guy was arrested. Felony hit/run, DUI and prescription drugs. I had 2 fractures in my neck. Better now, but will always have bulging and protruding discs.

Anyway, I had an 07 Yamaha R1. I treat my car and bike like they're people, so it really sucks. I am so bummed, I miss it sooo much!

So now I am trying to decide on a new bike. I was looking at either an 08 R1 only with very low miles (I know, good luck; and I just don't like how the new R1s look) or a Ducati 1198S. But NOW the new F4!!! I think I've found my new bike! I'm just wondering about problems and reliability issues, but since it hasn't come out yet, nobody really knows.
Just need to do more lurkin around in here I'm in love!

(I also posted this in the 'General Talk' too, sorry)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I'll leave your other post for now since its nice to have all the bios together. However, please refrain next time from making duplicates

Welcome! We're all awaiting the new F4. You should come and check out our SoCal meet on June 19th. May get to see the new F4..maybe?..? At the very least you can meet others on the site, from Pro Italia, and maybe from MV USA. Even if you don't have a bike, come out for brunch at the Viceroy
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Sorry about that, and thank you!

I'm finally going back to work on the 7th, since the accident. I will try to make it out on the 19th, but I usually have to work on Saturdays. I wish it was on Sunday. Sounds like fun!!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up

BrnEyzR1;

Welcome aboard the Forum!

glad you've recovered and that your husband caught the POS.......hope someone does a lot of hard time for the H&R...

MV Agusta, amazing

Noel-theknurl

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl

Last edited by theknurl; 06-01-2010 at 10:33 PM.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Established Member

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear about you accident. You will not regret buying a MV, unlike any other bike in the world.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:10 PM

Welcome to the forum:

I have one mv does very little but it is the best thing than it has been able to me to happen, you arrepentira but of it not to have bought itself in time

greetings from Colombia

Juan f
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Established Member

Welcome Kim

Hey Kim, welcome, nice to have you here. I've ridden and owned many Ducatis and I have to say that each time I ride my MV, especially on the track, it puts a much bigger smile on my face than my Duc. You won't regret going with the MV. It'll put many smiles on your face. Good luck and welcome. Glad to have you here.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 PM

Not sure on the newe F4 coming out. But the later years have a overheating issue which can be solved. I would say your going to get a lot of bias opinions here that are going to tell you that the MV is the best thing you will ever own. I had my R1 and miss it but the MV sound, power delivery, and seating is unlike anything I have ever rode. It is a really fun bike to ride and own. Maintenance upkeep I dont find any different that a Standard Jap bike if you do it your self. Service wise my hit the pocket book a little if you have a mechanic do it. Will get ooos and aaaahhh everywhere you take it and you will always have people standing around and asking a million questions about it you will become very popular whether or not you want to. I think if you cross over you will not be upset. I know the new F4 had supposedly fixed the heating issues and I think that is the biggest gripe for the bike. Search the photos or diff. peoples photos and I think you will see nothing but smiles on their faces.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 12:21 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Follow you heart. Bikes are about passion.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Thank you everyone!

Bikes are definitely a passion of mine! And it is love at first sight with the new F4, at least on paper, I know I will need to sit on one first. But I can't wait!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode