A couple of questions for nooby here. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

A couple of questions for nooby here.

Followingo on from my previous thread I have an few more questions (warned you)

1) When I got the bike it had various carbon do dads on it, so do I keep the carbon or put it back to original? I know it's down to my own personal taste but I'd be interested in your thoughts on this;

2) IF I decide to remove the carbon air tube covers how do I go about it/what are they stuck on with;

3) I also got a second chip with the bike - in a nice little MV box - but the previous owner couldn't tell me if it was the standard or upgraded for the open pips fitted. The numbers written on the chip state M5300-1 F4750 (although that could be MS300-1) Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Hi Dave,
I can't really help you with your question on the chip, but i'm sure some of the guru's on here will easily be able to steer you in the right direction on that.
With regards to the Carbon gear.....as you said it all comes down to personal taste. You'll find on here there are many members that love the look of the original bike and others (like myself) that contract the modifying disease and start changing everything for carbon and titanium and other upgrades.
Whatever you decide to do, maybe think about keeping the original parts for when you decide to sell the bike....and if you decide to purchase more bits go with a reputable company....maybe one of the site sponsors here, as there are plenty of poor quality carbon products on places like Ebay which you dont want to waste your time with.
In my humble opinion, I would change the carbon air tube covers for the full carbon air tubes, but as I said before make sure you buy a quality set. The covers will most likely be stuck on with double sided tape or a silicon type gel.

Hope this helps

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi,

Yes that does help thanks.

A few pieces of the 'carbon' is, I believe, the low quality stuff. That's kinda why I was thinking about loosing it all together.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 03:12 AM

The F4 looks sensational in standard trim. so if you have a few pieces on low quality or ill fitting carbon its probably only detracting from its otherwise great looks. Get rid of them and if down the track you feel like a bit of "bling" grab some of the good stuff.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

God damn pikies!!!

Just gone to put the bike back to standard and all was going well until I get to the air tube covers.

Now whilst they are stuck in place with silicone - no problem - who ever has done it cut whacking great holes in the top of the tubes to make the covers fit.

Cursed!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 09:44 PM

oh no....
Looks like you might be up for a set of quality carbon tubes....or if you prefer the factory look I'm sure there would be someone on here that would have a set to sell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode