Suspension Issue Help Required - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Suspension Issue Help Required

Hello , just joined the forum after picking up my MV750S 2001 (10,000 miles recorded with full service history) on Saturday , the bike was delivered as it was raining heavily as per usual in the UK .
I went out with some buddies on Sunday around North Wales but found the bike handled terribly so would appreciate some assistance on the suspension issues.
I test rode the bike a week ago and reported to the dealer that the front suspension was very soft and the rear suspension was "like riding a pogo stick" so to say i am dissappointed that the dealer had not rectified the issuse is an understatement . I have read on various sites that the MV is renown as very stiffly sprung and is track focused - i own an 09 Fireblade as well and when you depress the front and rear suspension on it there is little movement unlike the MV which will bottom out if depressed with the same force as the Blade.
When i returned home from the ride on sunday i found the tyre pressures were front 26 rear 30 which again are very low compared to the blade and i have searched the net to verify the reccomended pressures but found quite a few opinions so does anyone know the correct pressures? the bike is fitted with 180 on the rear and 120 on the front both being Pirelli Diablos.
I also checked the pressure in the Sachs rear shock and found that the pressure was 2.5psi which does seem a little low but i have tried to find the advised setting on the net but to no avail - so can anyone please advise on this as i am going back to the dealer on Tuesday for a tear up and want to be fully armed with the relevant data .
Another point to note is that this bike has sat in the previous owners garage for over 5 years and covered zero miles it was i am told on front and rear paddock stands , i requested the bike be fully checked before delivery due to the time it has layed idle i requested the brake fluid be replaced and questioned the tyre shelf life as well but i think the fluid is the original and the tyres are at least 5 years old so any comments on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Established Member

42psi !!!!! that`s way too high. It might be different on the 1000`s but on the 750 for pirelli`s MV recommend ( Factory sticker on my screen ) 36psi front and 33 psi rear. That`s what i run and have no problems.

The rear sachs shock`s are well, shocking. I replaced mine with one from a f41000 which also has high speed compression, courtesy of CAG.

I would check your owners manual and set everything back to standard. If you don`t have one send me your email address and i`ll send you a copy.

My front forks were re-done by maxton for the previous owner and after a few weekends tweaking i`ve got to say my bike handle`s so well I grin from ear to ear like an idiot when i ride it.

I run 35mm static sag on the front and 12mm on the back if it`s of any help.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamwatt View Post
hi there there the tyre pressures on the f41000r are 42psi front and back check the tyre wall it tells you there. also had same prob with the forks back the bottom compression screw right off and set 6 clicks in
front and rear at 42psi is extremely high. A good start point for street use is 33 psi in both, when cold.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonbombburst View Post
42psi !!!!! that`s way too high. It might be different on the 1000`s but on the 750 for pirelli`s MV recommend ( Factory sticker on my screen ) 36psi front and 33 psi rear. That`s what i run and have no problems.

The rear sachs shock`s are well, shocking. I replaced mine with one from a f41000 which also has high speed compression, courtesy of CAG.

I would check your owners manual and set everything back to standard. If you don`t have one send me your email address and i`ll send you a copy.

Hi My email address is [email protected] would appreciate the manual as bike was not supplied with one .

Thanks

Mike

My front forks were re-done by maxton for the previous owner and after a few weekends tweaking i`ve got to say my bike handle`s so well I grin from ear to ear like an idiot when i ride it.

I run 35mm static sag on the front and 12mm on the back if it`s of any help.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Hi ,

Thanks for your assistance would be grateful if you could email me the manual as the bike was not supplied with one - [email protected]

Thanks

Mike
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 01:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Talking

you want manuals?.....

try here;
http://my.agusta.us/

Noel-theknurl

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 01:51 PM
MV1

Yes 42psi is extremely high pressure to suggest to anyone for any current sportbike. Please disregard and reference your owners manual for this info instead. I believe this info should also be marked on one of the frame stickers on the inside of the bike and and possibily on the inside corner of your windscreen as well for some models.
As far as the suspension you will need to reference some material on "setting your bike suspension Sag number" first to get things dialed in for your general weight, then look at the compression and rebound settings once you're proper sag numbers have been established.

Last edited by MV1; 05-31-2010 at 01:53 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Established Member

I ride 32psi front, 33psi rear and have never had a problem. The previous owner might have messed with the adjustments on the suspension, so go through the manual and reset everything back to stock settings and see if that helps.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Established Member

Just emailed you some manuals.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your help much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode