Camera update - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Talking Camera update

*Update*
Hi all , just had Mv out for its first run this morning since fitting the rear camera, its brilliant, it fills the gap missing with the mirrors ( the centre part that your elbows obstruct!) A bit unerving when a car is up your butt i will get used to it.
Also had my lid on that i had sprayed in MV colours.... , attached a pic
The camera had no vibration, the temperature did not effect it in any way and the body of the camera kept cool enough, so all worked out well.
Big smile i can see whats behind now Yippee.
Attached Images

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:08 AM

looks tits my friend, where did u get that
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 06:09 AM
The Dude

dude, this is very cool. glad it's all working.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:09 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks guys, the camera and screen comes from a friend that puts them in cars, cost about £120. The bracket and loom was made by myself, quite simple really, with good results.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:18 AM

Nice.
How good is that screen? Does it have enough backlight if it's sunny?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
congrats... looks great. can you connect a recording device to use it on the track too?

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV-999R
Nice.
How good is that screen? Does it have enough backlight if it's sunny?
Sure Does, the brightness goes almost white if you turn it to max, i have a uridium visor and seems a bit harder to see when in direct sunlight but its a whole lot better than the mirrors, i went out lunchtime for a spin and found myself using it more and more, even backing out the garage is useful. so glad i done it i seem to spend a lot of time glancing behind whilst riding.....dont know why. Its a comfort factor i think, and i dont have to lift my elbows up now!

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Established Member
Hi folks,
I hope all are well this morning, I just wanted to mention my experience with this set-up. I tried a system like this a couple of years ago, it did'nt work for me. I would not recomend this for anyone in southern California or anywhere else that is very clear and bright. I am sure evo-chris is going to really enjoy this item because it works great if it's not too sunny and he is in England, after all. {no offense Chris} When I had it on my M/V it worked great at dusk and also extremely early in the morning-other then those moments it was really hard to see what was on the screen. I am afraid I have fallen victim to some rather industious law enforcement tactic's involving following me for a stretch-I swear, those copper's must know that we cant see out of our mirror's! So I got the rear-vision camera to help me with this and also I get paranoid at stoplights, I always feel as if some cage if going to ram me. I am well aware of the "lifting your elbows" stye of seeing behind you, but if I am going at a good clip- say 70 to 120mph I just cant make out who is a cop and who is not a cop! I am sure that I am a little more vulnerable that most of you due to some back/neck operation's which have made turning around properly very difficult........ So I tried the camera, it didnt work for me, I took it off. I really did'nt like taking my eyes off the road to try to see what was happening behind me- it seemed really difficult to get any useful information from the tiny screem without seriously compromising your focus up ahead! I even flirted with replacing the 3" screen with a 7" screen on the tank or even 2 thin little LCD screens flush mounted right on the side mirror's but I just lost patience and ripped the whole system out.. I mean what was next? An extended swingarm? nitros? spinners? Maybe if I had a hayabusa and lived in Florida! ha ha ha just kidding, not my style!
Good luck evo-chris, perhaps you will have better luck then me- oh and a word of caution to any new M/V owners out there.......Beware of the police, you are now a special kind of target, not just because its hard to see them behind you- but perhaps even worse, you are now a rich bastard who deserves to be punished for having a motorcycle that most cops cant afford.........BEWARE!!!!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO Chris
Sure Does, the brightness goes almost white if you turn it to max, i have a uridium visor and seems a bit harder to see when in direct sunlight but its a whole lot better than the mirrors, i went out lunchtime for a spin and found myself using it more and more, even backing out the garage is useful. so glad i done it i seem to spend a lot of time glancing behind whilst riding.....dont know why. Its a comfort factor i think, and i dont have to lift my elbows up now!

Chris, sounds good, we may try a pen camera and and LCD creen and see how it works.

Would have to find out the best way of mounting on a stock numberplate holder.

How did you wire it in, does it turn off when the ignition key is removed?
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 07:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to jonah_mvf4
wow, that's a nice mod. looking good~~~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode