might become MV owner - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

might become MV owner

I'm new to the forum and looking at the following that is for sale locally for me:

MV Agusta F4S EV03
4157 miles
new tires
3K service (2yrs ago)
perfect condition
1 owner

Selling price $7600

Your thoughts? Is this a good price?

Same guy is selling a 1997 Ducati 916 so I'm comparing and trying to make decision.

1997 Ducati 916
19300 miles
new tires
will need belts
perfect condition
1 owner

Price $7100
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

MV Agusta F4S EV03 (4145 miles):

1997 Ducati 916 (19300 miles):

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 01:50 AM

Hi John,

Buying a bike is a very personal thing. There's not much difference pricewise. Just go with what your heart is telling you.

Mine told me to buy an MV.

Willy
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 02:56 AM
Established Member

Hi John,

I own an MV and Ducati and they are very different bikes both in terms of ride and feel.

See if the chap will let you test ride them back to back and then, as Willie says, go with the heart. There really is not a wrong answer on this one.

Dave
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 04:12 AM
Both bikes looks very nice from those photos. There have been many threads on here about whether people should buy themselves a MV or a Duke. That aspect really is down to your personal preference. On a practical note, the 916 has 4 times the mileage of the MV and the belt change, although not that expensive, needs doing every two years. Another farly obvious thing to say, but warrants consideration, is the MV is a 750, the extra cubes on the 916 will show itself in a torquier ride on the road, whereas you will have to keep the MV buzzing if you are a 'spirited' rider. Then there's the age old IL4 v V twin debate. Your user name hints that you've had quite a few of the former in the past, have you owned a big V twin before?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 04:24 AM

Hi John,
Welcome to the forum!
You will have a lot of fun with either bike. With this choice I would personally choose the MV. A 750 Evo will provide give you more "street usable" potential than some of the bigger capacity bikes. Just search on here for the cult following the 750's have purely for the riding thrill of them.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. Do you feel that MV is priced right or low? KBB shows $10200 for retail. I talked to a dealer and he was going to buy it for $7000 and then put on lot for $10000. Trade in value is $7200

I total agree they are very different bikes but I'm sure I would enjoy either. I already have a Duc 900SS, so wouldn't be giving up that. I like the 916 better, but the MV is so much newer and much less miles with probably no issues around the corner. These Ducs "can" have rocker issues. Any known issues of MV you can enlighten me with? Do you think MV is still in a steady depreciation?

I haven't owned an I4 before as my username my elude to. I was once an inline speed skater

Last edited by inlinejohn; 05-30-2010 at 09:11 AM.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Established Member

I've seen these bikes posted on rare sport bikes for sale, look clean. I think the MV is priced right. There was EV02 I believe posted on this forum for 6,900$.

if you like the ducati better and this 916 doesn't quite meet your criteria, then hold out until the right one comes along.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Established Member

i just picked up a very similar mv for very similar price. I say MV all day
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:49 AM

Price, miles, condition, get the MV and enjoy!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode