Another new F4 owner -- ergonomics questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Another new F4 owner -- ergonomics questions

Hi all,

I just picked up an '02 750 EV02 in immaculate condition this weekend.

I love the bike, but I have to say that the hour long ride to get it home left me with numb palms.

Are the fast by ferracci risers the only option available to alter the handlebar geometry? I would like to get the bar raised just a tad. The ferracci website mentions that the risers change the angle of the bars, but what practical effect does that have?

Anyone using these risers? The bike already has the non-auto retracting side stand, so I don't have to worry about that. It is completely stock otherwise. Anything else I should be looking at getting done based on your collective wisdom?

Thanks,
razi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 12:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Amer Send a message via Yahoo to Amer
I'm told the risers help but primarily with angle, which should help since you won't be putting so much weight (Less agressive angle). Could also be your posture? Sounds like you are putting more weight on your arms instead of your lower torso?

Check out JamesC's MV FAQ site, which has various repair tips, hints etc
http://www.mvfaq.blogspot.com/
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 12:17 PM

The bar raisers 'alter the handlebar geometry' which in turn reduces your sitting angle. Or in other words, this will allow you to sit slightly more upright, relieving pressure on your lower back and wrists.

Bimota SB6 #028 (sold)
Ducati 998R #723 (sold)
F4 Ago #269 (sold)
F4 Tamburini #86 (sold)
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 01:58 PM

Razi,

Congrats and welcome. That is, welcome to the numb wrist and finger club. Left or right?, where's your bulging disc.

Keep elbows bent and use knees on tank for relief, and better overall ride positioning. Working out, and neck and back exercises help me alot.

FBF risers will help, and throttlemeister for longer stretches, such as highway runs.

Be safe with that new baby!

Peter
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Established Member

Smile

Welcome: don't forget to register your bike before Alvin wakes up

XBOX 360CHAMPION: PGR3 AND TDU
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-mark
Welcome: don't forget to register your bike before Alvin wakes up

Ha ha Ha, there's no stopping the kid now! Nice to have you on board Razi. John-Mark is my son BTW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 02:40 PM

this is the only reason why i havent bought another 1000. it's too leaned over. hurts to ride. a riser might be the ticket.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Seven
this is the only reason why i havent bought another 1000. it's too leaned over. hurts to ride. a riser might be the ticket.
Easy fix...........after 4 MVF4's, one set of www.performanceparts.de bars, either the 0deg one's or the multi adjustable type, set of rearsets or home made plates to drop the feet down and back about 1 inch, and put some foam UNDERNEATH the orig seat foam to arch the seat instead of it resembling a plank and hey presto, one touring version we probably do 200 miles in a day on "our" loop

Last edited by mikef4uk; 09-04-2006 at 03:30 PM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razi
Hi all,

I just picked up an '02 750 EV02 in immaculate condition this weekend.

I love the bike, but I have to say that the hour long ride to get it home left me with numb palms.

Are the fast by ferracci risers the only option available to alter the handlebar geometry? I would like to get the bar raised just a tad. The ferracci website mentions that the risers change the angle of the bars, but what practical effect does that have?

Anyone using these risers? The bike already has the non-auto retracting side stand, so I don't have to worry about that. It is completely stock otherwise. Anything else I should be looking at getting done based on your collective wisdom?

Thanks,
razi
My 2000 F4 750 came with the feracci risers installed. I got the bike last thursday and haven't noticed any wrist pain in 500 miles of riding over 4 days. In fact, the riding position seems more relaxed than my old ZX-7R. The bars are angled out 8 more degrees, which is actually a lot and it helps. I don't know how much extra height it gives.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006, 12:50 AM

Before spending money on any bling or go fast mods, IMO having your bike custom fitted is a necessity. This typically initials adjusting bar height and angle, adjustable rear sets, and adjusting front and rear suspension for weight and type of riding.

Bimota SB6 #028 (sold)
Ducati 998R #723 (sold)
F4 Ago #269 (sold)
F4 Tamburini #86 (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode