RG3 - dyno, hp, torque and $ - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
lk

RG3 - dyno, hp, torque and $

I've heard alot of people saying they want or they got the RG3 exhaust.. but.. what exactly does it do?.. i mean. i know it increases the HP.. but by how much?.. and what does the power curve look like afterwards? I noticed the erratic power curve from another recent post.. the HP and torque where all over the board. I think it was for the R. I have an R and there are some pretty big flat spots (namely at 4,500 - 5000 rpm). I think it was Peet that did the dyno. Anyways.. how much are people paying for the RG3 complete set and what exactly is it giving in terms of numbers AND in terms of dyno results?

I might as well ask while we're at it.. how does the RG3 compare to other high-end exhaust systems?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:52 PM

We recently sold a customer a set of RG3's, the sound is nice (not too loud), they are S/S and pretty heavy. After a setup and some dyno runs he was very disappointed with the power increase, an overall increase of 3bhp (on his 750cc), after installing a BMC filter and Power Commander.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMoto UK
We recently sold a customer a set of RG3's, the sound is nice (not too loud), they are S/S and pretty heavy. After a setup and some dyno runs he was very disappointed with the power increase, an overall increase of 3bhp (on his 750cc), after installing a BMC filter and Power Commander.

Any chance to see Dyno graphs?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
lk

And how much was the total bill?
Do RG3s only come in SS?.. I was under the impression they were Titanium.
Is there a titanium model thats better?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:29 AM

The MotoCorse F1 unit is Titanium. This is the same unit MV uses if you opt for the Titanium exhaust.

Last edited by awiner; 08-31-2006 at 12:32 AM.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
lk

Is it the same exhaust that has been used in the races by MV lately?
and do you know the figures of that system?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 12:33 AM

Same power increase that the RG3 will yield with less weight. The Titanium F1 slipon weighs in at a scant 6 pounds.

If you can ride Sunday you can check mine out.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 01:03 AM
JSM

There are 2 x set ups re RG3s (not counting titanium).......first is "standard" RG3s plus standard link pipe (narrow) and chip, the success of this set up (fuelling and HP gains) is all dependent on the skill and expertise of the technician. The second scenario is Ago Corse RG3s plus "fatter" link pipe (better flow and better sound) plus chip to suit once again HP gains / throttle response is all dependent on the technician; I have the Ago set up on my 1000 and Aus rear wheel is approx 169 / 170 the fuelling and EBS response is absolutely perfect; the transition from off and on at any revs / speed is seemless and put this down to expert set up (no power commanders needed here !!!)
cheers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 01:39 AM

Send a message via MSN to machine748s
I've fitted a set of RG3 (& chip) a few weeks ago, and it really improves low rpm response on my 750SPR. I really don't have any idea of the HP gains.
If you really want HP, try the new Arrow system. those guys really transformed my 748s with the 45/50mm system.
Good rides!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006, 03:13 AM

RG3's look the same as std, the noise is louder without being too offensive, with a link pipe they seem to give between 5-10 hp depending on a couple of things, obviously the skill of the tuner who may be setting the bike up, but also how far the set up was out before you changed to the RG3's, they do alter the mapping quite a lot.
My 1000 gave 161 after a dyno set up with a Power Commander, looking at the fuel table I doubt very much that it could be set up as well without an after market fuelling computer, I say this because at the emission points in the fuelling map my bike needed the fuelling increased by nearly 25%, but from 7000ish rpm upwards the fuelling needed reducing by about 10%.

Just as a guide I keep an eye on the co and my bike is normally around the 3 to 4%co at idle with RG3/link pipe/power commander, I recently put the bike back to std and the thing was hunting etc, the co had risen to 8% ( the power commander adjustment +/- value at idle is zero, so it wasn't that)

I see the race team currently running in World superstock is running the arrow twin can system (a bit like odd 916 stuff) they are obviously using those for a reason

Last edited by mikef4uk; 08-31-2006 at 03:18 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode