MV go racing in 2008 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

MV go racing in 2008

Just read the latest Australian Motorcycle News and the editor has confirmed with MV's head engineer that they are going to enter the world superstock racing in 2008 with their new bored out 1100 MV. Only being bored not lengthening the stroke at all!!

Only a limited number of 100 will be produced and MV won't release them till they get into the racing scene so they will be able to receive all the glory.

GO MV!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:50 PM

Gazman,

Did Australian Motorcycle News mentions anything about new rules/regulation that will allow this new 1100cc to compete with the exiting 1000cc? (The Japanese manufacturers haven't release any news about increasing their open-class displacement.) Currently, the only petition for displacement is of Ducati for a 1200cc water-cooled Twins. Per FIM regulations, I don't believe homologation requirement to be 100.

By any chance you can post the article?

"Every mistake is a learning opportunity"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 09:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Yes...please post the article!!! This is GREAT news...

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

I didn't buy the mag just stood and read it in the shop, some other Aussie will buy it I assume.

They did mention SuperStock and then later they would enter SuperBike World Champ stuff -I think.

I might buy it later this pm!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 03:05 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Last nwes that I have are 2008 in World SSTK (same this year)2008 Italian SBK,2008 USA SSTK,2009 world SBK.
But with HONDA news......I sincerly dont understood nothing!!
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 06:40 PM

I have tried to scan the article from Motor Cycle news. I hope it is readable...
Attached Images

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:19 PM

So is the proposal that fours can go up to 1100cc while twins can go up to 1200?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
this may be some of the most reliable info i've seen on MV's racing efforts. first off, the author is alan cathcart. he's a pretty well respected moto-journalist.

and there are some other tid-bits in this blurb that believe add to the credibility - like Goggi saying they made the motor too big on purpose! that'll prevent someone from racing this thing since it won't meet the rules (1000cc limit for in-line 4's).

and the twin-injector item...it has always been my opinion that they would have to go to a twin injector setup, or have a shower injectors (or both) to really have a bike that could run in WSBK.

i like goggi comments about superstock. MV is doing very well in that series.

2008...damn, i'm not sure i can wait that long?

my question, is why wouldn't someone just get one of these 1100cc bikes, remove the intake system, bolt it to a 1kR motor, and boom - you can now race superbike?

alex
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:28 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to altoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Gibbs
So is the proposal that fours can go up to 1100cc while twins can go up to 1200?
i don't belive there is to be a change to the 1000cc limit for inline 4's.

ducati wants 1200cc for the twins for a few reasons.
1. they will being using 1200 cc for their production bikes
2. the feel that the current state of rules makes their bike VERY expensive to run in WSBK. basically, the twins are allowed more modifications than the I-4s, but that aslo means more expensive parts to run up front.

i think ducati wants to foucs on motogp, and they need to keep the costs for developing the WSBK in check, since motogp is already eating up the lion's share of their racing development budget. they probably don't want to spend so much money trying to keep their bikes at the front of the WSBK grid. a bump in displacement would mean they could run a motor closer to stock and not have to spend so much to keep it ahead of the pack.

alex
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and there are some other tid-bits in this blurb that believe add to the credibility - like Goggi saying they made the motor too big on purpose! that'll prevent someone from racing this thing since it won't meet the rules (1000cc limit for in-line 4's).

alex
...Ditto!!!

"Every mistake is a learning opportunity"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode