I'm about to buy an F4, is this a good deal? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

I'm about to buy an F4, is this a good deal?

Ok, so I'm about to purchase an '02 F4 750 with 11,000 miles. I have got the guy down to $9000.

The bike has all the aftermarket carbon fibre, but with some chips in it. It also has a power commander.

The belly pan has some cracks in it from the echaust heat, so I would have to replace that. The guy said that the aftermarket exhaust mid-pipe is not titanium so that it gets really hot in traffic and can mess up the belly pan, so I would be smart to replace the mid-pipe or have it ceramic coated before replacing the belly pan.

Aside from these things, the bike looks damned good. Is there any reason I shouldn't buy this?

Price is a concern for me, so I like the idea of getting an Agusta for $9K. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Thumbs up

Sounds nice, being an 02 model is it an Evo II?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

yeah it's the 137 crank hp evo II engine.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Wink

Go Buy, then go enjoy, that's my advice.

Keep one wheel down!

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 03:19 PM

Yeah, some off the 750s had melted lower fairing due to proximity to the header. It's sort of a design flaw and I had mine replaced under warranty.

I think you could find a new belly pan for around $700. Thermal or header wrap tape should keep that from happening again. I've heard some people using spacers.

This may be a good site for your questions. It's more an an archive now:
http://greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=003RhB

I think $9K for a 11,000 mile 2002 is a real good price. This was the guy that was asking $11?
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 03:27 PM
Smile

I have a spare belly pan (in silver). PM me if you are interested, but the P & P costs to the States might be quite high. Frankly, if you can find one locally it would probably work out cheaper, but you can have my spare one for $295 plus the P&P, it's been on my bike so it has a few scratches and WHY but it's all in one piece.

Keep one wheel down!

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

It turns out the bike is a 2000 and not a 2002. Is $9K worth it for a 2000?

I've heard the earlier models are less reliable and have 10 less hp than the Evo II motored bikes.

I need advice ASAP, so please let me know.

-Pete
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psperl
It turns out the bike is a 2000 and not a 2002. Is $9K worth it for a 2000?

I've heard the earlier models are less reliable and have 10 less hp than the Evo II motored bikes.

I need advice ASAP, so please let me know.

-Pete
oh. Well, It's actually 13hp less. I had a used 2000 and new 2002 model, the power difference under 7K was slightly noticeable. The power above 7K was noticeable but not night and day.

Reliability is sort of a crap shoot. Depends who it was set up and taken care of. Does he have his records?

As for how much, trade-in on a 2000 MV is $7,260 while private sale is $10255. You talked him down from $11,00 to $9,000 and I doubt he'll go much lower. It's probaby a good price as long as your sure the bike's mechanically sound and been taken care off.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Apparently all of the service was done at the manhattan Agusta dealership. The bike has a new exhaust system and an ECU chip. The belly pan is messed up though from exhaust heat, so I would have to replace the belly pan and tape up the exhaust with thermal wrap.

Plus the aftermarket carbon fibre pieces are not perfect at all. They have knicks in them.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psperl
Apparently all of the service was done at the manhattan Agusta dealership. The bike has a new exhaust system and an ECU chip. The belly pan is messed up though from exhaust heat, so I would have to replace the belly pan and tape up the exhaust with thermal wrap.

Plus the aftermarket carbon fibre pieces are not perfect at all. They have knicks in them.
I wonder if Manahattan MV Agusta has the records or knows of the bike? Does the owner have the original plastic body parts and stock exhaust? If he does, I'd ask for it. It's not like he's going to need it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode